VS.

The bumbo chair.
Livie loves the bumbo chair. And I, have a love/hate relationship with the bumbo chair. I love the chair because Livie will sit in it happily on the counter while I empty this dishwasher, or eat lunch, or make dinner. It's fabulous! I hate this bumbo chair because regardless of how many times my sweet baby girl has filled her diaper with some of that sweet newborn mustard yellow poop for the day, it's usually a given that if she sits in the bumbo chair, she will most likely be filling yet another mustard yellow poopy diaper. And, most likely it will shoot completely up her back and soil her whole outfit. See my dilemma?
Today the pre-game battle has gone as such. Livie is put in the adorable outfit as pictured above. Mommy wants to eat breakfast, so Livie sits in her bumbo chair and we have a nice conversation over my morning granola. Until...she gets the all too familiar red face and starts making the all too familiar grunts which are soon followed by the all too familiar sound of a diaper being filled with mustard yellow poop!
I jump off my stool in an effort to rescue the adorable outfit worn by my adorable girl from the all too familiar assault of the bumbo chair. I rush to her changing table and on the way I'm stripping off pants and hoodie as quickly as possible in order to salvage the cute outfit which I hope will remain intact for tonight's bowl game party. Luckily, I was genius enough to put a white onsie under this adorable outfit today and that was all that was unfortunately overtaken by mustard poop.
Later in the day, when I thought it was safe (BIG MISTAKE: For as I have relearned today, no matter how many times she has pooped, no matter how near by you are, no matter what your ninja reflexes are like, you are never safe when your child is comfortable sitting inside the bumbo chair). So later today, I just wanted to unload the dishwasher. I tried to do it holding Livie because I still had a bad taste in my mouth from this morning's fiasco. However, this became tiresome real quick, so I thought I'll use my ninja reflexes to unload this dishwasher in super speed and place Livie in the bumbo for just a couple minutes while I did so.
And what do you think happened half way through ninja speed dishwasher unloading? THE BUMBO CHAIR STRIKES AGAIN!!! That's right... a familiar face, a familiar grunt, a familiar sound, and all of the sudden my ninja skills were required for an entirely different purpose. Luckily, (and I'm sure this is due to said ninja skills) only another white onsie was sacrificed.
However, it is only 12:15 and the party is not until 6:30 pm my friends. So, this battle continues...but, I think we will avoid the bumbo chair for the time being. A smart Mom would remove the cute Oregon outfit and put it on at 6:30 tonight, but I'm just a dumb Mom with substandard ninja reflexes. Oh and, GO DUCKS!!!
5 comments:
Too funny, I never had that battle. It sounds like Livie is ready to be potty trained because sitting in a bumbo is somewhat like sitting on a toilet. Invent a bumbo toilet seat ;) Can't wait to see her in the cute outfit. Just wish it wasn't football that was the cause for this get together.
This is hilarious!!! It seemed like every time I put Reagan in it she would go all over the place! Good luck with the rest of the day!
That is why we call it the blow out chair. Only put her in it naked.
You are hilarious and I can just picture the screaming and mad rushing to get the cute out fit off. Very cute BTW. Go Ducks!!
Yea, those chairs are freaky how they make babies poop so much.
GO DUCKS!!!
That is pretty funny. Welcome to the world of Motherhood! Bumbos are nice!
Post a Comment