Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I want to be when I grow up...


I want to be a gourmet chef. I honestly truly dream of going to culinary school. I would love to spend my days making dishes like these. Now that I am home during the day, if I have a free minute, I watch the food network and pretend that I can be like those amazing chefs that just throw things together out of the genius of their clever culinary trained heads. I have no desire to make pastries or cakes or cookies or really anything that would be considered baking. I want to cook gourmet food! I want to drizzle sauces and place garnishes and create culinary art (and then EAT IT)! My vision in the dream world that I obviously don't live in would be to go spend a few years in Italy and France and all the other fabulous countries that gourmet chefs learn to cook in and be tutored under the most renowned gourmet chefs in the world and then come back to the US and live in New York or somewhere neat like that and be the head chef at some 5 star restaurant downtown and spend my merry days just creating fabulous beautiful dishes that people rave about eating. Ahhhh, a girl can dream right?

3 comments:

Lily said...

Have you read the book "Heat"? The author quit his job as the editor of the New Yorker, and he became a line chef for Mario Batali. Eventually, he moved to Italy for a while to learn to cook. Anyway--it is a fun book to read if you want to live out this beautiful dream vicariously. =)

Heather said...

Chelsea, you dream of becoming a fabulous chef, and I dream of EATING food by a fabulous chef! :)

Alifinale said...

I know, I love the food network. I love cooking but I am much more the baker. We should get together and I could be your pastry chef.