Saturday, June 19, 2010

Venturing into the 3rd trimester!

Here's a belly shot for the siblings (finally). This picture was taken just one week ago, and I probably have gotten even bigger since then. I'll try to bring myself to take another picture some time soon. So next week begins my thrid trimester. Does that give me an excuse for not posting something for soooo long?

I knew this day would come. I'm just sad it has arrived. I CAN'T SLEEP ON MY STOMACH ANYMORE! (Which means...I can't sleep anymore). How do people sleep on their side? You can only be on one side until something goes numb, and then you have to rotate to the other side only to have to rotate again when something goes numb on that side. I hate it! Plus, each time I wake up numb I also wake up having to pee. So, like I said, I don't sleep at night. I just spend the night going numb and using the bathroom.

I had another pregnancy breakdown the other night. Poor Derek was at a lost as to what to do. I was changing, looked in the mirror, and noticed a dark line down the middle of my belly. I just broke down and started crying. "I'm huge, none of my clothes fit, and now I have a huge, ugly, dark line down my belly." Derek says, "what is it...a stretch mark?" Which only made me cry more because I'm sure those are coming too.

No it's called linea nigra and not everyone gets them. Usually it happens more often in people of darker skin tones. Which I was thinking didn't include me, but no such luck. Usually it goes away a little after delivering, but not always. What if this black line stays on my belly permanently?!? Why can't I have fairer skin? Why do I have to have an ugly black line down my belly? Anyways that was like a 10 minute sob fest and Derek had no clue how to help.

In other news. I have all the pictures I've been meaning to post and haven't. The first is from February...we went up to our friend Jared's cabin in bear lake and went snow shoeing. The funny thing was I (the pregnant woman) had to lead those two boys up the mountain because every time either one of them would take a step in the deep snow they fell in like 3 feet deep which was exhausting. So, I had to start the trail and get it half way packed so they could make it up the hill. We had a fabulous time (back in February).Derek and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary over Memorial Day weekend. Yay us! How did we spend it? Buying me maternity clothes and camping. We went with some good buddies in the ward who were able to score us this awesome camp site just up American Fork canyon. We had a great time minus me going to the bathroom 4 times in the night. Derek said our air matress was like a trampoline with me bouncing off it every four hours and bouncing back on. And a little secret...I didn't hike down to the bathrooms each time (I squatted outside the tent...bad I know but what was a pregnant lady supposed to do?). The only picture we took to prove I went camping when I was pregnant was this one of the sunset and I'm not even in it...ooops.Next, my dearest Becky threw me a baby shower (even though I should have been throwing her a shower) with a bunch of friends in town and a few friends who just happened to be in town. It was great to hang with everyone. Got the old roomate crew together. And when I came home with dresses and bows and tons of pink and purple, I think it finally hit Derek that we are having a girl. He just looked at all that stuff petrified and said, so not one person gave you a ball?

We sadly recently returned from probably our last vacation before the baby comes. We drove down to Flagstaff, Arizona where my grandma has a cabin. It was great to hang with Grams. We also hit up Sedona, hiked the grand canyon, golfed, hiked to some Indian cliff ruins, and went to the awesomest place ever for dinner. It was called Black Barts and was a BBQ place in the middle of a RV park. All the servers we University of Northern Arizona students majoring in the performing arts. They'd take your order, bring your food, and every few minutes get on the stage and perform a solo or group number or skit. I absolutely loved it! If I lived in Flagstaff, I wouldn't eat anywhere else.

14 comments:

Christi said...

You look awesome!!! Don't stress over the line. I had a light one and it went away :) And yes you need to post more!

Lizzy said...

Third trimester? That is you in your third trimester?! You don't even look pregnant! I'm jealous. I look like a house by the time I hit 12 weeks. You look so great!

Alissa said...

first, that is not a belly bump, and certainly cannot be described as huge. you look so tiny! second, the line goes away. excited to see your little girl soon-ish!

PJ Productions said...

You look adorable. So tiny. I love that little bump. Like the others said the line will go away. I got one with Jessica but not Hayden. So fun to see an update!

Anonymous said...

You suck....I am having my first pregnancy breakdown right now looking at your picture. haha I am only 16 weeks and am bigger then you! You look great! We miss you guys, we will be coming up soon so we should do something!

KyRo said...

Chelsea, you are beautiful! Thank you so much for posting your baby bump picture! Please, please keep posting more! I am soooo excited for September!!!

Emily said...

Yea you look so good Chels! I had a dark line with Easton and it didn't go away for a LONG time after he was born...like at least 8 months. With carly it was lighter, but I can still see a faint line on my stomach. I'm fair skinned too, so what's up with that? That's like the least of my worries though, I don't even notice it.

I love all the hiking and camping you're doing while pregnant...live it up!!!

Sorry about the no sleeping, that really sucks. Tylenol pm baby.

Jen said...

You look so great!!! Don't worry about it, you'll go back to (somewhat) normal after it's all over! We are in St. George for a little bit, so call us up if you head down this way!

Alifinale said...

Oh Chelsea, you crack me up. First of all, I guarantee I am bigger than you after a big lunch and I am not even prego. I can't believe you are in your 3rd trimester looking like you have a food baby.

You guys sure are adventuresome. Fun times. I am here in UT now and want to see you and your new house.

Heidi said...

seriously, I'm at least 3 times your size... so sorry, I don't feel bad for you! You are teesy weesy and look darling! I haven't been able to sleep since I was 7 weeks so pretty much I know how you feel... it sucks. I have never known the likes of going to the bathroom every 2 hours and night after night not getting a good nights rest. If you're ever bored at 3 in the morning, call me:) I'm sure i'm up too!

Tamara said...

We think that you look great!!

emily+brett said...

you look so good! you just have to remember every time you have a stretch mark, dark line, fat arms and legs, swolen nose....that your little girl is SO worth it! that's the only way i made it through morning sickness, labor and the first few weeks. it is the best time of your life!! promise.

and sorry i couldn't make it to your shower. i'll hopefully see you before the babe and get you your little gift!!

Wendy said...

seriously chels- you are tiny! at that rate you probably wont get any stretch marks- unlike myself. and don't sweat the line- it will probably fade after awhile.

ashley said...

Agreed, everyone gets the line and it goes away... pregnancy is all about losing control of your body, so why not your skin, too, right?! And anytime you get sad about your body, you'll have a cute little baby to look at and help you not worry. The countdown is on - only 2 more months! So excited for you.