Okay my last blog was a little pathetic, but I was so tired of feeling yucky every day. I suffered a few more days like that and feared I couldn't take it any more. I seriously began to wonder how I was going to survive pregnancy. In that retched state, I did it...I turned to Unisom.
My doctor had told me I could take 1/2 a Unisom twice per day for nausea. I had passed by it a few times in the store, and it says sleep aide across the box. I didn't want to take a sleeping pill or feel totally drowsy all day. Plus, I hate taking medicine (I know...this coming from the girl her prescribes medicines to people all day). Also, I felt like I was just being a baby. I haven't throw up once (threatened to a few times, but as you may recall I hate throwing up more than anything and avoid it at all costs--take some deep breaths, think happy thoughts, suck on a mint, anything to avoid throwing up).
Anyways, finally after yet another night of not eating anything substantial and determined to do something other than spend the night complaining about how I didn't feel good... I went to the store and bought some Unisom. I took half a pill right then, and the relief was almost immediate. It totally helped. And, it didn't even make me feel tired (well not any more tired than I already feel being pregnant). Plus, I sleep so much better because I don't roll around in bed feeling nauseous. I don't wake up 5 times to go to the bathroom any more. If anything, only one! UTTER BLISS!
I'm hooked. Why did I wait so long? And, I'm not giving this up until this nausea is gone gone gone. I still don't feel myself, and my stomach is still touchy, but Unisom has made life liveable again. I now have hope to survive pregnancy. Hurray! Thank you Unisom!
8 comments:
Unisom was a LIFESAVER for me too! I had to take it everyday until I was done being sick. I'm still so excited for you!!! We really need to come see you guys soon.
So glad that you broke down and bought it. I love that stuff.
Oh I am so glad! I hate taking medicine too but if it helps you get through the day it's worth it! We need to get together. I have been wondering what doc you ended up going with after our long discussion?!?
Unisom helped me too :) I took it with both of my pregnancies. My midwife told me to take a B6 and 1/2 Unisom every night before bed and it SAVED me!
P.S. If I haven't said it before, I am beyond excited for you and Derek! CONGRATS!
This is good to know. Here I have suffered twice and never took any Unisom. Next time around I will have to try that. I never throw up but I get to the point where I wish I could and it is miserable. So happy to know you found something to help you.
My doc had me take 1/2 a unisom and a B12 I think. Don't worry you won't necessarily feel this sick every time. The 2nd time was WAY better than the 1st or the 3rd. It's amazing what happens to our poor bodies in order to bring new life!
By the way, congrats on joining the pregnancy sick club! You'll want to read the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. It was my absolute fav.
Why have I never tried Unisom? I'm usually nauseated for months, and I've tried everything else. Glad it works for ya!
We are so excited for and wish you the best!!
Post a Comment