
I'm not sure this picture is very good. It seems more fuzzy than the last one, but I will post it for the grandparents because they would get excited over everything. So, I obviously had another ultrasound yesterday and baby appears to be growing right on target. Got my progesterone levels checked, and they decided I need to keep using the messy progesterone suppositories 4 times per day for at least two more weeks. Recheck in 2 weeks. I'm excited about the baby, but I would have been really really excited to stop using those suppositories. Oh well!
Now, I'm only officially 8.5 weeks pregnant, but I've already discovered some truths about pregnancy that I'm sure everyone else already knows but you'll have to listen to me ramble on about it anyways.
#1: Breast tenderness- You know how guys fall to the ground in pain and shout a few cuss words any time something flies in the the region of their private area. Okay, I felt like I would do the same thing when my little niece hit me in the boob the other day. When I walk downstairs to our basement, I have to cup these things with my hands for more support. I honestly need some new bras. Running without pain is pretty much nonexhistent.
#2: Morning Sickness- My pre-pregnancy idea of this was that you throw-up in the morning and then go on with your day knowing...you're pregnant. FALSE! It's more like all day sickness. I haven't thrown up once, and I really don't feel like I will throw up so I really can't complain. But, what I do feel like is when you are starting to get over the stomach flu and are starting to feel better but your stomach is still touchy and nothing sounds good to eat. That is how I feel all day every day and frankly I'm tired of it. If I could even have just a few hours of a break once in a while or feel that way every other day that would be so much better. It's just so hard constantly feel like that all day. The only way I can fathom getting out of bed to battle this every day is the hope that perhaps it will go away in the second trimester. At least another month to go. Vitamin B6 100 mg with each meal is supposed to help. Bring it on...I think it does help...a little.
#3: Pregnant women shouldn't fast- My pre-pregnancy thoughts were yeah they probably shouldn't because they are trying to grow a little baby and all, but if they really wanted to fast they could especially early on. WRONG! This Sunday was fast Sunday. And, I am here to tell you there is no possible way I could have fasted . It would have literally been impossible. Plus, the longer I go without eating the yuckier I feel. Thus, I eat about every 5 minutes. Literally. That little bean is sucking the life out of me. So, there I sat with my little baggy of pretzels while the rest of the ward fasted. Last Sunday, I forgot to pack a snack, and I was so ticked at Derek when he wouldn't let me go into the nursery to beg for some gold fish. They would have totally understood...right?
#4: People feel tired when pregnant- Prior to the pregnancy I thought sure carrying around that big belly all day who wouldn't feel tired. WRONG again! I don't look at all pregnant yet being only 8.5 week, so no big belly to deal with but I am still exhausted! Check webster's for the new age definition of exhausted= the fatigued state of Chelsea during pregnancy. I could seriously go to bed at 7 pm every day and not wake up until 8 am (except to go to the bathroom a few times). I have taken more naps in the last couples weeks than I ever take and those don't even seem to make a dent in my exhausted state.
In conclusion, pregnancy is hard! Why did I pay so much money for this? Why didn't we adopt? Why didn't anyone warn me? How do you moms do this over and over and over again? How do you do it when you already have another kid to watch while feeling like this? Everyone says it will be worth it. Ok ok. I'm seriously so excited. Seeing and hearing that little heart beat took all of the yucky feelings away for a second. And, when I get really downhearted, I just try to focus on that little baby that we want so badly to come to our home and then I push through a few more hours for the thing. I'm going to be okay. Two more weeks of suppositories and one more month of feeling yucky. It's worth it. I can do it. I love being pregnant. Happy thoughts.
12 comments:
I'm right there with ya. Pregnancy is totally hard. And why do women do this over and over? We just might be a two kid family.
Seriously.
You should pick up "The girlfriends guide to pregnancy." It's a great book and VERY honest. Yes everything that you are feeling is normal and no fun at all. Keep up all of the great posts and sweet pics of your little fuzz ball. Love to hear the updates.
Yea, it can be yucky at times for sure. The constant eating and being SOOOOOO tired. I hate that feeling of being so nauseous and just wishing you would throw up. Sounds horrible, but the first time around I actually loved being pregnant. I hope it will get better, just wait til you can feel the little baby moving...that's pretty cool.
Yea! I have been praying for you every night and am glad to know that everything is doing good! I am not going to lie, being pregnant is by far the worst ever, but worth it. And until you actually get the baby and are holding it you don't fully understand this. Anyways, it does get better in the middle, for most anyways. The beginning is the worst and everytime I get over that part I think, 'how did I get through that?' That good thing is you forget so you'll have another one:)
I love this post b/c it is so true. Oh the tiredness and hungriness. I don't miss those! But like everyone says it is all worth it. Glad to see everything is going well. Soon the suppositories will be done!
Chelsers! I have been a non-blogger for several months now. But loved catching up with your blog. Hooray for pregnancy! Oh gosh, just think of all the fun in store. :) And you've just started the circus. Life is good. I'm working on about two years of not sleeping through the night. :) It's fun being parents!!!
Every time I was puking over the toilet, I'd talk to my unborn baby and say, "we're in this together kiddo." And for some reason I'd feel better.
Also, I have a copy of Girlfriends guide to pregnancy for you... don't buy it. Lots of hugs!
You can't say we didn't warn you. How many times did you listen to us moan and complain at Bunko or on walks? Pregnancy is 9 (10) months of being miserably uncomfortable without relief. I hear ya loud and clear and yet here I am anxiously wanting to be pregnant again. That has to tell you something. But no matter how much we want it I say you still get to complain and whine all you want because, heck, you are growing a human.
So excited for you! And glad to hear your pregnancy is so far so "normal"
I hear you, enjoy the ride!
I am so happy for you!!! Not about the being sick part, but about the healthy pregnancy part!!! Being sick just means you're normal!
CHelsea!!!! Congrats on the pregnancy! I know hebs told you that we are just a week apart!!! yay!!! All I have to say is, I'm so glad someone knows how to put my feelings into words. Wow, you are good. All i do is mope around not knowing how to explain all this to my hubby and even to myself. I am going to copy this and put it on my blog too:) hope you don't mind! We can do it!!!
So glad that things are . . . normal! Hearing the heart beat is such a cool experience. You're gonna love the ultrasound and feeling it move. It's the pits for awhile, but hopefully you'll start feeling better second trimester. Keep baby growing girl!
Post a Comment