#1: I had my first pregnancy break down (this was back in the heart of feeling horrible). Nothing ever sounded good to eat. I ate peanut butter toast for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for days on end. This day was a particular day when I hadn't eaten anything but peanut butter toast for the last two days. I all of the sudden felt like strawberry ice cream sounded divine. Like I could eat it, and enjoy it, and I had to have it right then. So I sent Derek to the grocery store for strawberry ice cream. He comes back with strawberries and cream ice cream (which is not strawberry ice cream...it's vanilla ice cream with frozen chunks of strawberries in it...not at all the same thing and didn't sound appetizing at all). I tried to be nice. I dished some up, took two bites, and started bawling. I cried for like 10 minutes straight. Poor Derek is apologizing and saying he'd go back and get strawberry ice cream. I said it didn't really matter, but I was just so bummed. That was the only thing that sounded good, and I was so sick of peanut butter toast and looking forward to something else, and it didn't turn out the way I expected, and I seriously lost it! Pregnancy!!!
#2: First baby shower- I went to my Mom's for Easter and of course she insisted on throwing me a baby shower even though I don't know what I'm having, don't even look pregnant, and don't really know hardly anyone out in Chicago. Nonetheless, we had the first shower, and it was a success. I was super excited to see this familiar face there. This is Alissa (whom I went to London with) and her cute little guy Tate. She lives in Chicago, and I hardly get to catch up with her. So fun to see her...thanks for coming!
#3: Also another first, have you ever seen this game played at a baby shower? I hadn't. Derek won, but I'm blaming it on the fact that his head is bigger than mine. I had to get out of the way to avoid a concussion.
#4: I got to experience a Greek Easter Celebration. All the family gathered at a nearby park. There were about 10 lambs rotating on spits all day. We laughed, we played, we ate, we tried to fly kites. It was a fun, new experience that is until George cut open the poor lambs head and started eating the brains right out of the skull. That was disgusting! I was done eating after witnessing that.
And now, the first I'm am still anxiously waiting for... I'm now 17 weeks pregnant. I want to feel this little thing move. I'm starting to worry that my little test tube baby is a mutant with no arms and legs. Kick little baby kick. I'm dying to know you are really in there and have arms and legs!!!
12 comments:
17 weeks is always my magic number too. Although, when you're going through it, it feels like years.
Glad you're starting to feel normal again. Pregnancy is rough.
oh, it was so fun to see you! i'm so glad i got to come, even if it was only for a little bit. and i LOVE the outfit for tate...you are so sweet. can't wait for him to wear shorts:)
I remember I felt Easton move for the first time on Easter. I think you're about on the same time line as I was with him. So any day now you'll feel the little guy/girl!!
At least you got the barf bag. I threw up on a plane once and didn't get the bag in time. All over everywhere and everyone. Gross.
Glad you're feeling better, and prepare for many other pregnancy breakdowns. That's just part of the fun!
I love your ice cream story!! Classic pregnancy story. I can't wait to hear what you are having too.
Sorry you got sick on the plane, that sucks. Throwing up is horrible especially on a plane. Hope you are feeling better!
So happy to see a new post. Don't worry about feeling the baby move. Jessica was super tiny and I didn't feel her move until 20 weeks. Now she never sits still. Oh and if you fly again or know someone who will make sure to grab all of the barf bags in your row on the plane. They also work great in the car.
I love you Chels. I think I would have cried about not getting the right ice cream pregnant or not. Lots of fun firsts.
I know about the anxiously awaiting kicks. I didn't feel Emery until after 20 weeks. I remember watching the 20 week ultrasound and seeing her move but not feeling it. It really is one of the greatest perks of pregnancy so I hope you feel the little squirt soon.
Chles,
I love reading your blog and I LOVE reading that you are feeling better!!! ME TOO!!! Yay! I can't believe what that did to me for a couple months. Seriously! Well, all I can say is how excited I am for you to feel your baby kicking, it has been the highlight of the last couple weeks for sure. Everyday I sit for a little while and just wait to feel it. It might be the coolest thing I have ever felt... EVER! Can't wait to hear when you start feeling it! When do you find out what it is?
I'm so excited for you, barf, exhaustion, and all! Keep us up to date! Are you finding out what it is?
You're posts crack me. Up, good luck with all this fun.
Wow a lot of first for you. So exciting!! YOur pregnancy is going fast, i cant believe you are already 17 weeks. Dont worry, i did not feel Brea till I was 18 weeks pregnant!!
this post is so great! i love the pregnacy breakdown and know exactly how you feel. glad you got some fun gifts. that is so nice of them. hope to see you soon!
The kicking will come, just hope it's not at your bladder!
Post a Comment