Derek and I have been getting in the spirit of Christmas without decorating our house. We figure, we're going to be out in California for Christmas so what's the point. I know, I'm a total Scrooge. In fact, I have never decorated for Christmas ever. I take that back. Our first year of marriage, I put up a tree. But that was only because Derek's mother came over to our house, brought us the tree, and the decorations.
However, we have participated in other holiday festivities. Last weekend we went to a Messiah sing in. I absolutely loved it, and Derek was counting the pages until it ended, but he was a good sport. I would love to do that every year. But, I may have to find a new person to attend with me.
Derek and I were asked to be Mary and Joseph at our ward's Christmas party. My body got a little practice at being pregnant. Hopefully it picked up on the vibes and does just that later this month.
In other news, we have Christmas parties to attend Thurday-Sunday this week. That should be busy but fun. I have now started injecting my in vitro meds, and I have the needle prick spots all over my belly to prove it. We leave next weekend for California (wish us luck)!!!I may or may not send out Christmas cards this year. If you have moved in the last year, email me you new address (chelsea.marshall@gmail.com). Maybe if I get enough addresses, it will push me into sending out cards. Cheers! And, I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season thus far!
9 comments:
I am so excited for you guys to go to LA. I hope it goes perfect!!!!
Derek was a good sport. Nick would have hated to play Joseph!
Good, good luck! Keep us posted on the baby making. Not the actual "making," but the rest of it! In the meantime, have fun partying it up.
And I can't believe you have never put a tree up... You are scrooge! Kidding.
Totally remember the first tree. You made an adorable Mary, I can't wait to see your own baby bump. Best wishes in LA! We'll be praying for you guys.
Oh, and I got the package in the mail yesterday. You guys are the best. Thanks!
I'm a bit of a decorating scrooge myself. Luckily Jeff gets the decorating bug and does all the stuff I hate doing, like just hauling the boxes out of the shed! Our tree is finally up as of today--gotta love the 10 dollar trees here in Oregon.
I'll be thinking of you all month and hoping everything goes well. My sister just had her second in-vitro baby three days ago, so having gone through the process vicariously with her, I get how emotionally stressful it is, and I hope you're able to find peace through the whole thing.
Love you!
Hey! We just found your blog from someone else's blog... Basically we're blog stalking you. :) That's so exciting about California. I hope everything goes well and you get preggers! We still want to come see you guys. Maybe after everything settles down and isn't so crazy. Good luck in CA!!
Wow, you leave so soon! Your process has gone quickly for me, seems like it went a lot slower for us but I guess that's how it goes. I CANNOT wait & we are really hoping & praying for the best outcome!! I remember the belly pricks :( Have you done the painful injections yet? I can't remember what they're called but they stung REALLY bad! Keep us posted! Make sure you take pictures of it ALL!
I will totally pray for you guys and your procedure in the next couple weeks. I'm very excited for you! Also, way to go on inviting the girls to your house as the new person in the ward. Way to take charge of the situation!
I guess since you were Mary and Joseph I will let it slide that you don't decorate. That is my favorite part of Christmas and all I want is more, more, more decorations.
You guys made a perfect Mary and Joseph.
Remember in Ohio that ward with Dr. Call wanted one of us to be Mary?
Post a Comment