Arrive in Cali and stay at Derek's aunt's house in Covina. She's nice enough to let them stay there while she is away in Utah for Christmas. The next morning, they drive to LA for an ultrasound to see how Chelsea's eggs are cooking. Then, they meet up with Chelsea's good ol' bud Doug and his amazing wife Tamara (who also have twins- sort of). Doug and Tamara took Chelsea and Derek to the Venice Beach (in December- the weather was awesome about 75 degrees and sunny every day we were there). We got to watch a skateboard competition and roamed around Venice Beach enjoying good company and awesome weather.
Monday morning we went to the clinic for another ultrasound and labs, then met up with my awesome roomate Wendy, who got us into Disney's California Adventure for free! And even more exciting, at 8 pm this even I injected myself with hcg which was hopefully the last shot my belly will see for a long time. Whoo hoo!
That day I felt mostly fine with just a slight pain over my ovaries if I walked to much. So, we went to see Avitar in 3-D. I'd recommend it and because I was in pain (wink wink) and thus could make Derek do anything for me, I got him to take me to see:
The next morning we were awakened by a phone call from our embryologist who informed us that our eggs and sperm had performed very well and that we had 11 fertilized eggs. Then, though I was still not 100%, we took advantage of the weather and went golfing at a near by par 3 course (more to my advantage than Derek's). And thought I think he was embarrassed about it because the course was so short, I made Derek rent me a gold cart. We had a blast, and I actually played pretty well.
Early Saturday morning, they had picked the best two of the litter to place back in my uterus. It was so neat. They wheeled them in in an incubator like they put new born babies in, let us have a look under the microscope at them, and then gave us what will hopefully be the first pictures of our future babies.
The worst thing was that I had to have a full bladder which made that ultrasound probe pushing right over my full bladder to assure that these adorable little embryos were placed in exactly the right spot a very pleasant experience. It was done in a matter of minutes, and I found it funny that on his way out the door the doc said, "good work team!"Then began my 36 hours of bed rest. This was the worst part for me. Luckily, most of it was spent in the car. We stopped in Vegas, had lunch with my brother and his girlfriend, spent a little time with my good friend Natalie, and shacked up with Nick and Christi Graham for the night. Then, off to Utah and the cold and the snow we returned.
And that my friends is how babies are made in the Marshall Family. Kind of fun huh?!? Unfortuanately, they were unable to freeze any of the extra fertilized eggs so we are really hoping this go works. January 7th is the big day when we'll find out if I'm pregnant or not. Wish us luck! Thanks to all who let us crash at their house along the way and to all who kept us in their thoughts and prayers.
13 comments:
Oh Chelsea, I'm seriously praying for you guys. Hopefully all this romantic baby-making will work have excellent results. =)
I can't stop thinking about you guys! I am praying my little heart out. Stay in there and attach little Marshalls! Love ya!
What an adventure. You have the best attitude! Sounds like a fun trip and hopefully a baby!
Great job on the pictures. Looks like a lot more fun than our trip to A.F. I remember the full bladder. I tried to wait as long as I could before I asked to go to the bathroom. Did they warn you about possible bloating? They never warned me & that was the WORST!!!!! I hope you don't get it but if you do drink pedialyte. I can't wait for the big day!!!!
What an amazing adventure Chelsea! Warm thoughts! You should write this out in a book to share with your beautiful babies when they arrive. Can't wait to hear the news!!
I wish a trip to Disneyland was involved in our baby making. I love that place.
Oh Chelsea GOOD LUCK!!! I'll be thinking about you all week and praying and hoping everything goes well!!!!
PS: Sorry we missed you on your way back...I didn't want you to get my germs while you were already on bed rest.
That is some fun and eventful baby making. Totally beats our shower story. That pic of the embryo's made me tear up. I am so excited for you and will continue to keep you in my prayers. You are my hero.
That's amazing! I've never heard a firsthand account of how that process works! Very informative! Wishing you the best of luck!
Grow little eggs, grow! Chelsea, thanks for sharing all this. Fascinating, halarious, and heart warming. You are in our prayers.
wow- you crammed a lot of playtime into your baby making adventure. what a great trip. i am glad i got to see you along the way and i will be praying for you!!!
I'm so glad you shared how it all goes down. I've been wondering. Good luck, good luck, good luck! I'm pulling for you guys.
Good luck! I wish you two the BEST!
I love the nice sweater vest that Derek is wearing! Tell him I am in full support and totally condone the style! I love the look!!! :)
Post a Comment