Monday, February 2, 2009

Private


No, I am not going private. Why? Because I am not a private person. My husband, on the other hand, is a very private person.

In fact, just this weekend...I spent like an hour writing the greatest blog post full of all sorts of clever lines and twists and turns that I'm sure you would all have loved and enjoyed.

However, shortly after finishing, I showed my masterpiece to my husband, who said, you can't post this. This is too PRIVATE. I was so bugged...like all weekend.

Let me just elaborate with a little compare and contrast for you. We are still somewhat new in our ward and seem to be constantly introducing ourselves. My introductions go something like this:

"Hi! My name is Chelsea Genna Marshall. That's Genna with a G. I grew up in Minden, Nevada where I think people actually cow-tip for fun. I went to college at BYU, where I met my husband in Calculus class. We got married, and then moved to Oregon where he went to law school, and I went to PA school. We recently moved back, I miss the green and am tired of the snow. My favorite color is pink, my favorite food is sushi, and I voted for Barack Obama. I work in Family Practice down in Provo, and absolutely love it. My husband works down the street and specializes in tax, trusts, estates, and business formation. I really want a dog, and we have been trying to have a kid now for a year and a half (which by the way was the topic of my most recent, but unpublished blog post)." So, I'm obviously not a private person. I usually tell whoever is around whatever I am thinking about which occasionally gets me into trouble, but that's just how I am.

Derek is a private person. His introductions would go something more like this: "My name is Derek, and I work in town (PERIOD)."

So basically, the morale of the story is: 1) Don't expect me to "go private any time soon," and 2) Never show Derek a post before posting it...just post it. Which is what is going to happen right now.

13 comments:

Bug said...

Isn't it funny how different we can be sometimes from our hubbies! I guess it balances out right?

Oh, and on the topic of your post that didn't get posted- I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. I can't relate exactly but have been having some struggles in that area too. I'm trying really hard to learn the lesson that Heavenly Father wants me to from all of this.

Your in my prayers. Hey, check out Alissa's blog- Percy Pigs, need I say more?

carizolli said...

I love your open/honest personality, Chelsea! Don't change that. Ever. And stop showing Derek your blogs before you post them!

Lizzy said...

This is exactly me and John. In fact, John's motto in life is, don't give out more information than you need to. Which I think sounds cold but would have saved me from sticking my foot in my mouth multiple times.

I love open people like you. Mostly because I'm very nosy LOL. I'm glad you'll never go private!

Emily said...

Um, Steve and I too. Exactly.
I have had to delete entire posts before.

I did not know that your favorite color was pink and that you loved sushi...cool!

Christi said...

That is funny. I can totally see you introducing yourself just like that. I love the differences.

Tara said...

My husband is the exact same way. When we were going through a certain hardship a few years ago he would joke with me that I had a whole team of people that I had to give results to. Well he was right. Thanks for being on my team! ;)

Jen said...

How funny!! You know I'm just like you. I love open people! I am officially going to be in St. George on the 19th. Woo hoo! Call me before you leave. Oh, and my favorite color is pink too!

Heather said...

Love it, Chelsea. Landon cringes over some of the things I post. Oh well, he chose to marry me, and if I'm anything, I'm honest!

Alifinale said...

I know everyone else is saying that they are that way too....but I really am that way. I can't tell you how many times Brian has reprimanded me for disclosing too much information. Sure, my hubbie isn't afraid to show off his milky white thighs but heaven forbid I tell a friend his sleeping habits.

I love your intro, I think that is why I liked you immediately upon meeting you.

Linds said...

I laughed so hard! You are hilarious and in our own way, that's just how we are too. I think it tends to be that way with men and women in general. Oh well. We all deal with the other and some how stay sane right?

Ilene said...

My husband doesn't even read my blog half of the time so if he isn't going to go to the trouble of reading it, then I am not going to go to the trouble of screening it through him.

LOVED your email you sent the other day. I didn't love the news of course but loved how honestly and forthrightly you are handling your fertility challenges. I don't get why so many women since the beginning of time have to go through this crap (hello, the O.T. is just full of women who can't have babies). It sucks.

Wendy said...

chelrey- you make me smile. i will have to try sushi with you sometime. i am skeptical=)

Kari Ann said...

Your Awesome! I love you!