The weekend was fabulous!!! On Saturday, my very last roomate from college got married in the LA temple. Pictured on the left is the beautiful bride (Debbie) and the amazing groom (Carl). All five of us roomates who are still pretty close traveled from pretty much all over the country and got together as bridesmaids for her wedding. We left our husbands and kids who weren't breastfeeding at home and took off for sunny Southern California.
We all squished together to sleep in the same room once again and stayed up late talking and putting together wedding stuff every night. I don't think I got much more than 2 hours of sleep each night. It was a time of sleep deprivation, remembrances of the good ol' college days, and creating wonderful new memories together. We had a blast over all and left vowing to get together like this more frequently in the future.
I wanted to share some mini miracles (in my book anyways) that occured this weekend:
1. I functioned on very little sleep cruising through the weekend in a constant state of sleep deprivation without biting anyone's head off! My husband and possibly Ashley can attest that this is indeed a mighty miracle.
2. I, the girl who spent her entire childhood running from my mother who would chase me arround with comb and detangeling spray in hand trying to make me look at least presentable though I myself really did not care, got up at 5AM on the morning of the wedding to help the bride "do" or should I say glue her hair for the wedding. Debbie, who has the cutest short hair cut right now, just finished at the Dallas Roberts hair academy. She decided she wanted to have long hair for her wedding, so no big deal she just put in some extensions. Or, (back to the miracle) I put in the extensions for her. That's right I glued in hair extension for the bride the day of her wedding. That took tremendous faith on Debbies part, but I think they turned out ok. I really wish I had a picture to prove this acutally happened.
3. I, along with an assembly line of others, put together bouquets for the bridesmaids. Flower arranging by Chelsea is indeed a miracle. The birdesmaid bouquets were one thing, but then we needed to somehow decorate the top of the piano and who was it that put together this little ensamble...that right miraculous Chelsea. And, this I did take a picture of for proof.
4. The three girls from out of town got up at about 4:30am to head to the airport this morning. I miraculously was able to pack a breakfast surprise for us as we raced out the door. The girls were thrilled for my huge Costo muffin stash that I brought for them when we arrived at the airport and dropped our jaws at the price of what buying breakfast there would have cost us. But the real miracle occured when I, Chelsea, who spills more than a kindergatener, was the only one who didn't leave half her muffin in the form of crumbs on the airport chairs!
So, those are the miracle recaps of the weekend. Here are a few other pictures from the event.
14 comments:
How fun Chelsea! I loved seeing the pictures now, since you told me about it earlier. I'm so jealous you got to get together with your roommates and sleep over like old times! I would love to do that!
I'm glad you had fun and I am glad you are back now too! We have to use these last few weeks wisely. Tell Derek and his padres that I said so! :)
That sounds like a major party! Just how weddings should be! Awesome job on the hair, the decorations, and all other miracles you performed. I love the matching shirts...too cute. It makes me think back to my college/roommate days! I miss those girls!
Glad you had a great time!!! Good luck with your last couple of weeks of school!
Oh wow - how fun! Sounds like it was a GREAT weekend!
You really did a great job on her hair! It looked great!
What a fun weekend! You did a great job with the flowers! That hair is amazing! I love that Candy idea! Next time I get married I am doing that! ;)
Oh how fun to get together with old friends and reminisce and have a sleepover. I am impressed with all your miracles - particularly the extensions and the not spilling muffin crumbs. You are amazing!
Wow! You are a woman of many talents Chelsea. The flowers, hair and you look great!
Sounds like a blast and looks like you got a little sun! Good to have you back in the blogging world, even for just a bit, you busy girl.
How fun! I love weddings. Not so much sitting through them and standing around all day, but I love the food and getting dressed up and seeing people and friends you don't get to see very often! Your weekend sounds like so much fun!!
Wow, It's really nice to see pictures of these people who I've heard so much about. And I am amazed at all the miracles that took place especially that you managed to do all that during clinicals.
You forgot the miracle of the bride getting her groom to wear a pink vest.
That's newlywed love. Perhaps I could have convinced Dan to do something like that back in the day but nowadays it just wouldn't happen. Unless there was a lot of begging and promising a lot of well, you-know-what.
Congrats you two grads! Sounds like a great party/wedding!
Is this Miss Chelsa Rowe? I found you while "blog stalking." Anyway, it's Darcy (Deck)Hughes here. Looks like you are busy. I have never seen a blog with so many comments! If you email me, I can invite you to my blog.
dtdh79@yahoo.com
Sounds like our weekends were pretty similar. Girlfriends are so awesome!! You guys all look so gorgeous!
That looks like so much fun. That so neat that you guys are all so close! Does Wendy have a blog yet?
Post a Comment