Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Camp Floyd Field Trip

 I had the opportunity to go on the boys' 5th grade field trip to Camp Floyd.  I had never been so it was actually pretty fun for me.  We got to see the old school room and hear war stories from Camp Floyd.  One of the historians there loaded a gun with gun powder and shot it for the kids.  We toured the stage coach inn.  The boys rotated from various parent run stations.  

I ran a station about the pony express as camp floyd was a pony express station.  Mostly, I learned about how once the telegram was invented the pony express was very expensive and impractical, so it was kind of an epic failure.  I got to eat lunch with the boys and all the kids were excited to bring some spending money to spend at the gift store.  

No comments: