I got to go on the boys’ 5th grade cross country field trip.
It was super fun. They pretty much just let the kids go free all morning at soldier hollow. I spent some time skiing with Carter and some time with Cam. Carter particularly loved it and braved lots of down hills. I felt completely out of control on cross country skis compared to downhill skiing. But, it was a super fun day.
The boys did a fantastic job in their 5th grade patriotic program. I didn’t take any pictures only videos, but they were awesome. I especially loved their dance it was a country swing dance and Camden particularly killed it- he was twirling his partner all over the floor.
The Morgan’s invited us to hike Rock Canyon in the snow on a school break day.
We brought Kota- she loved it.
We saw a bunch of mountain goats, so that was cool.
Then, we sledded down (that part was frightening) and I didn’t love it as much, but the boys loved it.
They went on their first winter campout with the young men. They build snow caves- Camden slept in one and was the warmest of all the boys. 
Carter slept alone in a tent and froze. It got down to 5 degrees. But they came back in good spirits and are excited to do it again.
In preparation for a week long back packing trip this summer, the boys have a campout every month this year.
Every campout included a testimony sharing time which is always a highlight. Derek plans to go on the back packing trip with them. So he joined them on their Hidden Valley campout. There was lots of snow still at the camp spot.



No comments:
Post a Comment