Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Valentine's

Liv’s friend Londyn threw a Galentine’s party. They had a spa night, all wore pink pajamas, played hot seat where they discovered most of the girls at the party all had a crush on the same boy at school. I picked up Liv with this cute headband on. 
 Valentine’s day is interesting with boys compared to girls. I remember Liv dreading going to school in 5th and 6th grade around Valentine’s because she felt like she had to hide and run away from boys so she didn’t get asked to be there Valentine. The boys on the other had spent the week leading up to Valentine’s Day trying to secure a Valentine of their own. Carter finally got a girl to agree after his third try. He said it’s lonely without a Valentine. Camden was the sweetest and asked Eve- the cute little diabetic girl who has some learning disabilities to be his valentine. He brought her a yellow rose with a note that said “Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m so glad we are friends.” I got to volunteer for the boys V-day class party last minute (Julie asked me to fill in for someone sick the morning of). I threw together a craft from some left over craft supplies that Liv had used at a babysitting gig earlier that month. I love being there for class parties so it was fun!
 Valentine’s Day was on a Wednesday and the YW actually had a V-day pizza party and sugar cookie/valentine card making activity, so instead of our traditional fancy family dinner, I made fancy pre-dinner snacks. I made Diane’s pink frapee and it was a hit. We sat around the table snacking and each person went around the table saying one thing they loved about each person in the family.

No comments: