I am so impressed with the YW leaders in this new ward. In October (when it is chilly) they planned and executed a YW overnight campout. I guess the ward had been camping at this same location in Scipio for years.
There are no bathrooms or running water. They just find a spot and set up tents. We went down for just one night. Everyone packed their own dinner. Liv and I made campfire pizzas. We sat around the fire and chatted and then had a little testimony meeting. All the leaders slept together in a tent. Liv and Star snuck into the back of the Faux’s truck to sleep. We had pumpkin pancakes in the morning. Then, we were in the perfect location to watch the solar eclipse. We had glasses for all the girls. We found a fun rope swing close by on the way out.
It was an absolutely gorgeous area to spend a bit of time in with all the fall leaves and I was just so impressed with how effortlessly these YW leaders planned and executed a campout with a bunch of girls in the wilderness with no bathrooms or running water like it was no big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment