For years now my Mom has had a family cruise planned to celebrate her 70th birthday. Every few months she would send emails reminding all of us to save the date for the cruise. As it got closer to depart time we started getting weekly emails, and then daily emails. Derek, the kids, and I all flew out a day early so we could spend one crazy busy day at Disneyland. We didn't buy tickets ahead of time which was a mistake because the park actually totally sold out of entrance tickets. Luckily we were able to snatch some the night before by a stroke of luck. Babi and Papou joined us for most of the day. We did all the big rides in disney and got to show them the new Star Wars land.
The kids all pushed me to the front on Splash mountain. Took me all day to dry off.
The boys and Liv actually loved getting to drive cars all by themselves. It did make for a bumpy ride for the rest of us...
George bought the kids sodas and all the kids including Derek churros.
Then, Babi and Papou took off and we spent the last few hours of the night over in California adventure. Liv, Carter and I waiting in a 45 minute line to ride Toy story. Camden and D missed it which I was sad about.
Carter and Liv loved the incredicoaster and we all ended the night with the new Spiderman ride!
The cruise was fun. There was rock climbing, pickleball courts, water slides, mini golf, ice skating, flow riding, loads of great shows every night, free food whenever you wanted it.
But my kids favorite thing about the cruise was hanging with thier cousins and aunt and uncle.
Every night at 5 pm we met all the family for dinner. The kids helped entertain the little cousins.
The kids loved ordering whatever they wanted.
We suprised my Mom on her birthday with a t-shirt that said 70 and fabulous. The rest of us all had matching shirts that said 70 party crew.
We made two stops, one in Cabo. Liv had an iguana thrown on her, a picutre taken and we were forced to hand out a tip on our way to the boat we rented to go snorkeling which everyone enjoyed except Carter.
That really paniced him. Cabo was beautiful.
The other stop of Ensenada where we took a tour bus out to a blow hole, got to eat so many churro samples, and get some authentic street tacos and seafood.
We bought souvenirs. Carter held a giant snake.
Overall such a wonderful family trip. Lots of great memories. There were some cold windy days. There were a couple rough days at sea, Carter threw up a couple times. I tried to wear the patches but the made my eyes blurry, so I stuck with Meclizine instead. Liv got blurry eyes on the patches too, but decided blurry eyes were much preferred to sea sickness so she dealt with it. One night Carter and I got up at 4am and walked the track outside in the wind and then stopped at a cafe for ginger tea to help settle our stomachs. I felt like my whole world was rocking like I was on a ship for two weeks following the cruise which was quite unpleasant. Basically, enough to remind me about why I dislike cruises and never need to go on one again, but I was glad to be able to participate in this family gathering for Babi's 70th









No comments:
Post a Comment