For some reason the boys’ classroom won a field trip this year to the Texas Roadhouse. They send out an email saying they didn’t need any parent volunteers for this field trip. I had to make special arrangement to meet the class there because that day also happened to be Carter’s ortho appointment (the one that cleared him to return to life with no more brace). The morning of the field trip I received an email stating that some of the chaperones they had planned for were sick and could not attend the field trip and would I be willing to stay after dropping Carter at Texas Roadhouse. I was so thrilled at the fortuity of the situation. It was such a fun day with the boys. They made cookie cutter shapes out of the rolls, got a tour of the kitchen, did some relay races with cups and to go boxes to practicing being a waiter, we all got to eat lunch there, and then they did a scavenger hunt around the restaurant and got to decorate cacti.

No comments:
Post a Comment