We had the pleasure of having Aunt Kylie join us for Christmas this year. She came with JoJo which was fun except Kota scared the crud out of JoJo with her shear size and energy. We spent most of Christmas telling Dakota to stay away from JoJo. Aunt Kylie watched the kids while I worked one day. She gave them each a $20 budget at Target. The boys picked gift cars with Robucks. Liv picked out an outfit. That night we went to Encanto as a family with Aunt Kylie (and Bentley). Little did I know that Encanto would be released for free just a day or two later on Disney +. Christmas Eve I did a great snowy hike with Annie and the dogs. I let Dakota off leash. She did pretty good except twice when she knocked snow of the edge and it resulted in a snowball running down the mountain that she couldn’t help but chase.
That night we did our traditional crab feast, Steve joined us. We opened presents from family. The boys got BYU shirts from Grandpa and Liv got a fleece BYU blanket. They were all stoked with the BYU swab. Dad and Lynn sent loads of fun stuff for the kids including this perfect shirt for Liv.
Aunt Kylie gave us a family adventure challenge book. We are excited to get working on it. Nay sent us out the best cookie sheet. I used it once to make Grandma Nyquist’s Mint Surprise Cookies. I loved that cookies didn’t slide around on it.
After presents, we all drove around as looked at Christmas lights around Orem. Then, everyone headed to bed so Santa could fill the stockings.
Kota snoozed under the tree.
Santa brought Liv a new acoustic guitar and she has been playing and singing non stop ever since. The boys got a new Nintedo Switch from Santa along with Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart and have already purchased their first game with their own money (Minecraft). Derek and I got new apple watches. Great presents that everyone has loved this year. Steph, Jon, and Steve came over for Christmas brunch. It was fun to hang with them. Steph, Kylie, and I all did the super fun puzzle Carter got from Uncle Nathan. Then, Christmas Day we gave Aunt Kylie and JoJo some quiet time and took the kids to see the new Spiderman movie at the Scera. They seemed to enjoy that. I love the Scera…cheaper tickets and concessions and they never run out of seats.
No comments:
Post a Comment