Sunday, May 23, 2021

St. George Triathlon/ Girls' Trip

Ashley Scott somehow convinced Annie and I to do a sprint triathlon relay with her. I was deemed the swimming, Annie the biker, and Ashley the runner. I only had to swim 750 m and hardly trained, but I did go to the pool a few times to practice. Last minute, Annie had to stay home for a funeral and so Amber Watkins who was originally just going to come down as our cheerleader got roped into being the biker. We drove down to St. George and picked p our race packet. Then, Mom and George greated us with a fantastic Greek dinner. It was so good. We went to check out the race course after dinner. Once again, I wasn’t worried at all about the swim cold open water early in the AM and all. We had to get up quite early to get there the next morning. 
 I borrowed my Mom’s rafting wetsuit which I regretted the moment I jumped into the water. Every stroke I took this little neck on the wet suit would jam into my throat and neck making it hard for me to breath and I felt like it was choking me. I ended up having to swim the whole thing back stroke. But, I finished it and passed the baton to Amber who had to bike a super steep crazy hill and then Ashley had some more hills to run. Actually, I felt quite proud of ourselves for doing a hard thing. 
 Then, we went back to Mom and George’s house where they had made us a nice breakfast to eat in the backyard with a view. Then, I gave the girls a little golf cart tour of sun river. We each took a turn driving the golf cart. 
 Mom really wanted us to play pickleball with her, so we taught Amber how to play and actually had a pretty good time. That afternoon we went to the foot spa. 
 Then, I introduced the girls to Viva Chicken. And afterwards, we got in the hot tub for something crazy like 3.5 hours. Mom joined us for the last little bit. Then, the next morning we headed back to home. It was a great little girls’ get away weekend, conquering some physical fears and talking through all of life’s worries.

No comments: