Sunday, January 31, 2021

January Happenings

January is generally one of my least favorite months, but this year's January was pretty great.  Since I can't get my COVID vaccine until 3 months have passed since my infection I decided to donate some of my plasma with the antibodies to the Red Cross for use in helping patients battle COVID.  I generally pass out every time I donate blood so I was a little nervous, but I made sure to eat a lot and drink a lot during my work day.  And I am happy to report that I did great.  I got a little shivery and cold when my blood was going back in, but definitely tolerated donating plasma so much better than donating blood. 

Camden continues to take Ukulele lessons from Amy Monroe.  One day he invited Addie over with her ukulele and taught her a few things.

Not sure if it is the cold winter nights or what, but every night the boys have been sleeping in the same bed and I find them snuggled up next to each other asleep.  

And in the morning the wake up snuggling and talking until finally getting out of bed for the morning.  Twins are so cute.

Liv needed some new dance gear for an upcoming recital and I really needed her with me to try things on before buying them, but she is so dang busy the only time I could find to get her to the store during it's open hours was over her lunch break at school.  So, we made a lunch date of it.  We went to Olive Garden and then the glass slipper to buy her needed dance items.  It was a fun little lunch date with my girl.

We had a whole week of COPA performances at the Covey Center.  Live had 2 dance recitals and 3 MDT performances.  It was definitely a busy crazy week of running back and forth between the Covey Center and Liv missed quite a bit of school for during the day rehearsals.  She did fantastic.  The dance companies told the story of You Are Special in the dance form.  It was really neat and I can tell that she has improved on her dance technique and skills.  The MDT companies did Disney medleys.  Liv's company was assigned the Peter Pan Medley.  She had a solo in the I'm Flying song and she sang and danced beautifully usual.  I love watching that girl perform.

The ant farm the boys got for Christmas continues to intrigue the whole family.

We had our master toilet flood and run all day long while both D and I were at work one day.  So we are working with our home owners insurance to get that fixed.  The whole basement and our master bath and closet are torn up.  

We all squished on the small couch upstairs to watch zoom sacrament since the basement is not really a great place to hang at the moment.  

Liv thought this made her look like Chewy from Star Wars...more like Cousin It if you ask me.  

Took London to her annual vet appointment.  She sat in a the seat like a human the whole way there.  They vet said she has gained some winter pounds (of course) so we are working on getting more active despite the cold weather. She is recovering well from her 2nd doggie ACL surgery.

Liv got invited to a movie night at he friend Hallie's house one Friday night.  

And so that same night Derek and I took the boys up to the jazz game.  We had such a great time and with hardly anyone in the stadium due to COVID restrictions the boys made it on the big screen about 6 times.  It was a hoot and Liv was only slightly jealous of their night of fame.

We watched Bodie for the Whitmers nextdoor one day and all my kids had so much fun having a baby around the house.