Monday, April 13, 2020

Corona Quarantine Week 5

Back to Home School Week 4/Day 16: Not gonna lie...I didn't want this day to come. I wanted to have another week of spring Break--that was fun! Liv got up and had all her chores, music practicing and school work done by 10:30 and then convinced me to play around the world with her in the freeze! 
We had a nice middle of the day 1st birthday party to attend via zoom. 

We ordered pizza for the occasion. The boys spent all day and finally finished homework about 4pm. Starting this week all of Liv's COPA classes are now live zoom classes, so all the suddenly we are a little busier.

Homeschool Day 17: To infinity and beyond...did you hear this is how we are gonna finish out the school year? Ugh. Liv had a math lesson via google hangouts, a violin lesson, and a voice lesson via facetime. I think she has already finished all her schoolwork for the week. The boys took all day to finish the schoolwork that should only take an hour or 2 again. I videoed them doing PE pretty comical. Then, the kids spent all the rest of their day doing this scavenger hunt a couple in our neighborhood put on. They send you a picture of somewhere in the neighborhood and you send a picture back of you there and then they send you another picture to find.




Homeschool Day 18: To infinity and beyond minus 1 day. I went on a run this morning and when I got home, Liv had made a ginormous amount of pancake batter all by herself by resourcefully getting onto my food blog to look up a recipe. With the excitement of being able to finish the scavenger hunt, the boys finished their homework by noon! We ran around the neighborhood finding scavenger spot locations. 



Then, we came home and the boys had a piano lesson via Marco Polo. I decided to wake up repeating the mantra of the Little Engine that Could after the realization hit me right before bed last night that nagging my boys to do homework all day long will only last every day for the next 6 weeks😢. I think I can I think I can...

Home school Day 19: I got up this morning and put on my Wonder Woman socks thinking maybe that might help. 

The boys organized their clothes drawers and Camden found this sweatband and wore it the rest of the day. A majority of the day was spent using it as a blind fold and trying to find Liv. I also found the boys at one point with their faces completely scotch tape covered blindly walking around bumping into things and talking about how they could only make out blurs of colors. Pretty sure they were at risk of suffocating to death with both mouth and nose and all the rest of their face taped shut...so I nixed that pretty quick. With all these distractions of course the boys didn't finish their school work until about 6:30 pm.

Did you watch the Disney family sing along tonight? Because we SO did all smooshed on one love seat.

Home School Day 20: One of my kids turned into Spider Man...would be more excited if this transformation came with school work super focusing power. 

Today I decided to make one of Liv's chores be to help her brothers with school work...it was awesome for a stent! Then, she got bored with it and decided to sew scrunchies instead. 
Camden and Carter had this competitive thing going to see who could make the longest audio recording of themselves. It ended real bad when Camden who was jealous that Carter's audio recording was longer decided to steal his iPad to stop the recording. Carter got so angry that he crashed his ipad over Camden's head and cracked the screen. 

All while we still had so much school work still needing to be done. PS I have had to listen to a lot of Dog Man reading lately. Today, Babi got a turn.
 We finally finished school work about 4pm and went scavenger hunting again, and in the process the boys were thrilled to find this neighborhood bike jump going down.


So I'm having breakfast with this guy...

We had a great Sunday family worship service today. Liv taught a lesson and had some fun activities. We each traced our hand and then wrote 5 reasons that our Savior Jesus Christ is important to us. 

Then, we build a tent in the family room and faced it towards the highest tower in the room where we placed my laptop so we could watch the new Book of Mormon video depicting King Benjamin's awesome speech.

No comments: