Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Moab with Uncle Jon

Uncle Jon invited us to join him and Chase and Chase's cousin camping on his brother's property in Moab over Spring Break.    We almost didn’t do this part of our Spring Break because of the whole hole in the car incident on the drive home from Grandma Nadine’s.  We got home at like 2am (much later than anticipated) and I wasn’t sure I should drive a car with a hole in it to Moab, but all the kids seemed so disappointed about no jeeping with Uncle Jon that I decided to take them.  Derek stayed home to get some work in.  And after getting in a 2am the night before, I woke up repacked for Moab including all our camping gear and food, loaded up the car and drove to Moab with the kids.  We stopped at Arches and got Jr. Ranger booklets, but never ended up making it into the park. 

The kids loved making a fire and having dangerous smoke sticks. 

We ate all our meals around the table in the camper Jon had rented.  
I always made sure to be the fruit and veggie adder to each meal.  I felt like the Mom of all the group.  Uncle Jon told us stories around the campfire.  We stayed only one night and then packed up and went back home.  Liv and I slept in a tent and the boys slept with Uncle Jon and Chase and his cousin in their camper van because it was pretty chilly at night.  I zipped two sleeping bags together for Liv and I to sleep in.  It was pretty cold when we first got in, but warmed right up.  The boys said their favorite part of the whole camp out was Uncle Jon’s Philippines stories before they went to bed in the camper.  Jon said he got awakened by Camden stroking his face and telling him it was morning and time to wake up.  Carter helped Uncle Jon make breakfast in the morning.  
There was this cute little family owned campground around the bend with flushing potties and sinks.  They had told Jon he was free to use their bathrooms whenever.  So one potty stop, the kids stayed a minute also played on all their tire swings.  
We spent the next day hiking around the campsite and jeeping. 
We kept trying to find abandoned mines to explore, but they had all been boarded up.  We squished tons of people into one jeep so some of the kids had to sit on laps.  Still cant get over how much Chase and Carter look alike. 
On the way home from Jeeping, Jon took the kids to an abandoned house to walk around since the mines were a bust and that ended up being one of their favorite things of the trip.  I packed everything up and then we headed back to home stopping only to drive the car, which was covered in red dirt, through a car wash.

No comments: