Saturday, March 9, 2019

Las Vegas Baby Shower

Nay and Benazir had a pizza lunch baby shower/celebration of baby soon to come party in Las Vegas.  I was planning to go alone with maybe Olivia, but when we learned my Dad and Lynn, and Babi and Papou, and Kylie, and Mitchell, and of course Nay and Benz would all be there I decided it was a great opportunity for them to get to spend time with all my family in one place, so we all went down.  We drove down Friday night and stayed at Mom and George's house.  Then, Saturday morning I rode into town with Mom and some visiting friends of hers that were flying out from Vegas to help set up for the baby shower and George rode in with Derek and the kids in our car where I understand he was forced to listen to musical soundtracks.  The party was causal with lots of visiting and games.  I got lots of pictures with my family.




 
It was so awesome to have everyone together in one place.  After the shower, Mom, George, me, Derek, Dad and Kylie went on a hike in Red Rock which I have been dying to explore and Nay and Benz offered to watch the kids.

The hike was beautiful with a lot of clamoring over rocks and ended with a beautiful view of the Vegas skyline.




 I understand Nathan and Benazir took the kids on a walk to see a train which they loved and tried to feed the kids broccoli pizza which didn't go over well.


 After the hike, Ky and I were able to grab dinner at the awesome ramen place by her house.  It was so good and I am already anxious to get back.  Poor Derek was left alone to navigate getting the gets checked in and fed at the Excalibur all while Camden decided to come down with a fever of unknown origin.  Sounds like the food was expensive, everything was smokey, Carter fell asleep at the dinner table while Camden got more and more feverish.  And they never even had a change to play at the arcade which was the whole reason we stayed there.  Derek had also intended to catch a BYU basketball tournament game, but was so exhausted by the whole ordeal that he decided not to which turned out okay because they lost pretty bad.  I arrived back at the hotel with Liv crying that she was still hungry and Camden unable to sleep almost all night because he was so uncomfortable from his fever.  Everyone awoke in the morning and decided they wanted to get out of that cursed casino and Vegas immediately, so we packed up and drove to Babi and Papou's for breakfast.  After we had filled out bellies, we then preceded home.  So we had a great trip, but we all learned that we are not a huge fan of Vegas casinos and have no real desire to plan a trip to the Vegas strip any time soon.

No comments: