Wednesday, March 20, 2019

End of Winter Craziness

Our chickens finally decided to start laying eggs by the half dozen, so we finally started getting enough stored up to sell.  They kids really do most of the egg collecting and chicken feeding.  They sell the eggs to neighbors and Grandparents for $3 a dozen so each earns a dollar with every sale.


Santa brought Derek and I snow shoes this year.  I honestly only used them once with Annie and not Derek so far, but they were super fun.  Hope to use them more next winter.
 
Another Twin snuggling picture.  I have so many of these from the time they were teeny and they just keep coming.  Love every single one.
 
Annie watched her Sister in law’s bird for a while when they went out of town.  Liv tried to hold it, but it preferred to perch on her head.
 
Dang London found an old raw hide bone in a neighbor’s yard while I was shoveling their walks and swallowed it whole buying herself a second surgery that we paid way too much for in Derek’s opinion. 
Both Liv and Camden for some reason discovered robes.  They both keep stealing me and Derek’s robes and you can find them lounging around in them.
 
Derek and the kids ended up attending quite a few of Jeff Gardener’s Skyridge basketball games this winter.  One I also attended, and it was not at all surprising that Liv somehow weaseled her way onto the cheer squad for the night.
For Christmas last year, I gave Liv tickets for she and I to see Wicked at the Eccles theater.  
It was such a fun night for us.  She was giddy the whole night as a song she knew and loved would come on particularly Popular.  At intermission, she got a green cupcake only fitting.
 
Boxes are still a great toy.  This is Carter being Rudloph and pulling Camden who is Santa Clause.
 
I got to go on Liv’s 2nd grade field trip to the Children’s Museum at Thanksgiving Point.  That was fun.  It was so funny.  She got to pick who was in our group: her 2 best girl friends (Johanna and Lily) and Blake Knight, her best boy friend.  I felt bad for Blake being stuck with all the girls, but he didn’t seem to mind too much.
Liv got invited to a fun salon birthday party.  She got her nails painted and hair done all fancy.  But, what I remember most about this day was that this was the day she figured out she got the Young Cosette role in Les Mis.


Carter is still our animal lover.  He loves his dog.
 
Caught all the kids in the snow making snow angles and a snowman with Derek.  I usually stay in and make hot chocolate for all to have when they come in.
For pi day this year I made chicken pot pie with a pie symbol in the middle.
Carly and I got together for a hike one morning.  I picked Rock Canyon thinking all the rocks would make it less icy.  Boy was I wrong.  It was more like skiing on the way down.

No comments: