Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was a busy day for us all compounded by the fact that I came down with strep throat that very day.  Actually everyone in the house, except Derek, managed to catch strep this go.  I first volunteered in the boys class party.  I helped them to make beaded hearts with arrows on pipe cleaners.  Then, later that afternoon, the boys and I went to Liv's class party.  There I was also in charge of a craft.  Liv and I came up with this fun sewing craft which was a little hands on on my part, but the kids seemed to enjoy. 

I somehow managed to put together a fancy dinner for us to enjoy. 

The kids love this tradition.  We have sparking cider and set the table fancy and light a candle.  Then, we rushed up to the Gardner's house where the kids played.  Derek and I spent the evening doing sealings in the AF temple with the Gardners and Stoddards.  It was a fantastic Valentine's only slightly less fantastic because I ended the night feeling super sick and feverish with the beginnings of strep throat.

No comments: