Camden and Carter are also growing up and will excitedly tell anyone who cares that they are going to kindergarten next year and going to ride the bus! They have both said they want to be in the same class rather than different classes (which is my vote too), so we will see how that goes. Good luck kindergarten teacher!
Camden wakes up every morning and the first item of business is to come find me to snuggle. I love this because none of the other kids seem to care about snuggling with me when they wake up anymore, but Camden is religious about it and gets pretty grumpy if he can't find me for his morning snuggles. He often finds me in bed and climbs in about 7 and instantly falls back asleep. The other night Carter had the worst night with nightmares and seemed to keep falling back into the nightmare every time he tried to go back to sleep and he'd be back in my room sweaty, and heart pounding all afraid. After the 3rd time, I finally relented and just let him sleep in my bed. Then, of course in the morning Camden came in too. I felt like I got no sleep the whole night, but Derek snapped this picture on his way into work that morning and from the looks of it we all seem to be sleeping pretty soundly.

They love to play with friends--when they are not grounded for getting into trouble with friends or not following the rule of letting me know where they are and not just taking off somewhere without informing me. Carter loves to go visit all the kidless neighbors in the neighborhood and their animals. He seriously spend the day hopping from house to house visiting his favorite animals. At home, he loves to barricade London so she can't escape from his at time unwanted attentions.

Both boys adore Martha Riley who seems to be a constant at our house. Those 3 have to be watched though, they seem to be always getting into trouble. The other day they found some huge gallon bottle of glue at Julie's and dumped it all down the stairs at the side of her house. Julie put them all to work scrubbing the stairs clean.

The boys both ruined the clothes they were wearing. I cannot get the glue out! The only good thing that came from that is that later that afternoon both boys, exhausted from all the scrubbing I suppose, fell asleep in the car which gave me a slightly more peaceful afternoon.

Martha also always seems to be painting Camden's face with something. And they also got in trouble for picking almost every budding flower at the Riley house. Carter wrote a note to Julie saying he was sorry and wouldn't pick flowers any more and took her a bundle of peonies from our yard with the note. Camden somehow broke the bathroom drawer the story of how has yet to come out.

This summer their schedule is far less busy than Olivia's. Right now they are currently in tennis lessons which is adorable to watch and they seem to be enjoying it.

We plan to take another ice skating lesson when those are done. And they would both excited tell you all about how if they pass off the next class they will then be deemed ready to sign up for the hockey class that they are really excited about.
I'm not sure how much longer I can keep up this awesome thing of putting them both in the same extra curricular stuff. Camden is very competitive and loves all sports all of them. He loved t-ball and soccer and really wants to play football some day too. After each sport season I ask him if he would like to sign up again next year and he always says emphatically, "Yes!" But, Carter was not so much into t-ball or soccer and team sports just don't seem to be his thing. So he has no interest in participating again when asked, and then Camden will say ok if Carter isn't going to do it...me neither. I swear individually focused sports will be more up Carter's alley. And so far tennis seems to be a win! Maybe golf and x-country/track for him? But thus far they both seem to have an interest in ice skating and hockey.
Carter is still my sous chef every time I cook he saddles up next to be from start to finish. He has asked me to sign him up for a cooking class, so I need to find somewhere to do that. The only kids cooking class I have found for their ages so far always seems to be at the most inconvenient times. Probably all the kids would love that though, so I will have to look into some more.
Carter is also still the only kid who will often take a nap mid afternoon. Sometimes he will put himself to sleep. He often closes his eyes and tries to take a nap in the car, or I find him in his bed curled up asleep. One day this summer he was trying to take a snoozer in the car, and I told him we had to get out and go grocery shopping which he was not happy about, but he made himself a little bed at the bottom of the grocery cart and used the shopping trip to catch his ZZZZs.

But, their cute little twin bond is fun to watch. They slept in the same crib until they were 9 months old and I guess squished in my womb for 9 months before that. They now have their own beds, but often I find them curled up together in the same bed at night, and it just makes me happy that they have each other to experience life with.
No comments:
Post a Comment