Wednesday, April 11, 2018

St. George CME trip

The annual UAPA conference is in St. George every year.  I love to go, but it always hard to find arrangement for my kids.  Well, with Mom and George in St. George this year...I decided maybe I would let the boys miss a day of preschool and they could hang with Babi and Papou while I sat in meetings all day.  We left Wednesday right after their preschool ended and headed back home Saturday after my meetings.

Liv is gone at school from 8:30am-4pm every day.  So, I left her home with Derek.  Wednesday her friend picked her up almost straight from the bus to go to show choir (I had Andie an older neighbor girl wait for her choir friend to get there), Thursday Derek met her at home and took her to her soccer game, and Friday Steve and Diane were going to pick her up and take her home, but Hallie invited her to play...so Steve and Diane brought her to Hallie's then Derek picked her up after work and they had dinner with Steve and Diane.

The boys were really good in the car.  I let them each pick a few things from the dollar store for entertainment.  They were cute popping their toy guns and plunking on the plastic guitar the whole way.


 I also bought them a new movie, Big Hero 6, which they enjoyed.

I packed the boys bikes in the car and they rode them around every day.  Carter particularly liked arranging various race courses for us.  He's an Evil Knievel though.  He likes to ride across the bumpy rocks or grass hill.  Someone, not me, needs to introduce that kid to mountain biking.  Wednesday evening while I was in class, I think they mostly rode bikes around the neighborhood and did the sun river rock maze.  Thursday, Babi and Papou took them to the children's museum and to play in the down town water fountains.  Then, we all met up for dinner at Pizza Factory.  Friday, I know they took them swimming at the community center pool.  That night Uncle Nathan drove up after the boys were asleep and it was a fun surprise from them in the morning to wake up to Uncle Nathan being there.  Nathan and George took the two boys on a bike ride by the river.  Then, I came back and the boys and I headed home and Nay and George headed to the golf course.

It was a good trip and I got 25 hours of CME!!!  With Babi in Papou now in St. George,  perhaps I need to look into attending that conference more often.

No comments: