Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spring Break 2018

The week following our return from Grandma Nadine's was Spring break.  I had to work almost every day and didn't take any pictures!  I tried to arrange fun things despite having to work a bunch so Spring break was fun.  On Tuesday we unpacked, and I took them all to Nickel City.  We played laser tag for the first time.  I thought it was super fun, but basically I had 3 kids trailing behind me all through the dark hiding behind me while I took all the hits.  We went up to the curiosity museum in the afternoon after I got home from work on Wednesday with our neighbor who works there and could get us in for half price.  The kids discovered the trading post where you bring things from nature and earn points to trade it in for something else from nature.  They all really enjoyed that.  Megan babysit them all the days that I worked and I left her some money and ideas of fun things is she felt brave enough.  She took them ice skating on Thursday, and to McDonalds for lunch and to play at the play place on Friday.

Working most of Spring Break and missing a lot of the fun while my kids were home made me come to a realization.  I always thought when my boys started 1st grade and were in school all day every day that I would go back to working almost full time.  But that spring break was rough.  I would hate summers of being gone all day every day--summer is my favorite when I get to just play with the kids every day and no one has to go to school.  Also, the rest of the house seemed to fall apart with me gone so much.  I couldn't get the laundry done, or any cleaning, or make it to the grocery store--we ate fast food almost every night that week.  So working most of Spring Break was a good realization, that I would like to keep my work to a part-time schedule so I can keep the house running in an orderly manner and have time to volunteer in my kids classrooms and play when they are home.

Spring break weekend, we took all the kids and our neighbors who haven't yet had the opportunity to be sealed together as a family up to the Jordan River temple open house.  It was a neat experience to share the beautiful building and House of the Lord with our kids and neighbors and talk about the important promises we make there and the incredible blessings our family receives because of the promises we make in the temple.

No comments: