Friday, December 22, 2017

We Had a Busy December

This month has kept us hopping and quite frankly, I'm a bit exhausted.  Nonetheless, we have had a great time.

We sold our Acadia.  I have been quite nostalgic about the whole thing.  It was the car we bought to bring our twins home from the hospital and has comfortable taken our family all around town and on a bunch of fun family vacations, but everyone else over here is pretty excited about the new (to us) Ford Expedition that Aunt Stephie found us at her dealership.  Here are the kids on the morning we said goodbye to the Acadia.

One night we had Dad read from the scriptures the birth of Christ and the kids acted it out props included.  They all fought about being Mary (boys and girl both that was the coveted role).

Liv sang in who school Christmas concert.  They sang some cute songs. 

Part of the concert was also the Elementary Ballroom Dance performance.  I was so impressed, who knew they had ballroom dance teams in Elementary school.  I sure didn't.  Our are actually pretty good and recently won gold and silver at a dance competition against other elementary ballroom teams.  The boys totally picked up some moves from the concert and I caught them waltzing together around the kitchen one day shortly after.

Derek and I co-hosted the Thorsted's annual waffle and white elephant party.  This was my ugly sweater?  Photo cred: Camden.

The boys have caught the reading bug and have been up late reading every night after I put them to bed with flashlights.  I find piles of books in their beds every morning.  And one morning when I left early for work I heard them whispering through their bedroom door and this was what I found.

One day when I had found the time to draw myself a bath, my quiet was interrupted by this presentation of CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS (the twins version).

Carter telling London about all the cool features of the new lego set Grandma Nadine sent him for Christmas.

The boys came home with these cute Christmas ornaments as gifts from their primary teachers.

The boys were so excited to have a Polar Express Party at their school and wear pajamas to school!  Here's Camden on the way home.

This year for Christmas I made trays and trays of cinnamon rolls (5 to be exact).  It was one day of pretty much baking cinnamon rolls all day.  I brought a tray to my surgical office, one to my family practice offie, sent one to Derek's office and then we delivered cinnamon rolls all around the neighborhood. 

Last Sunday, I spent the majority of the afternoon feverish in bed.  When I first went to lie down I discovered that I was going to have to compete for my bed space.

Last Monday for FHE, we talked about how Jesus Christ gave us the best Christmas gift of all and what kinds of gift we could give back to our Savior this Christmas season.  Carter said he loved Jesus and would try to be like him. 

Liv said she would give her him heart by caring for others. 

Camden said he would share his toys and drew a picture of sharing his beloved stuffed Penguiy. 

I have been working my hardest at trying to be more forgiving and Derek said he was going to be kind.  Put all the paper in a little box that looks like a present on our piano as a reminder.

The boys have been wearing snow boots every days despite there not being any snow. 

Lindsay and Becky came over one afternoon to help me build a lego table for my kids.  Never could have done it without them.  It was supposed to be a surprise and a Christmas present, but Camden discovered me and when I thought I had him in my confidences it wasn't but 5 minutes later he told Carter and another day later they spilled the beans to Olivia.  So, the not so surprise table was much easier to put together in the garage. 

The first day of Christmas Break Liv came to me with the new Math flashcards she had gotten from Poppi and Lynn for Christmas and this paper she had created (which looks almost identical to one they use at school).  She wanted to be quizzed.  The ones she answers fast go on the green section, the ones that are slow but correct on the yellow, and if she get them wrong you put them on the red section.  I sent this cute picture to her teacher, Mrs. Ficklin, she was so proud.

Liv had a great afternoon one day this Christmas break.  We invited Chelsea Okey, who sadly moved away from us at the end of the summer over for a playdate.  She and Kenadie and Liv ran back and forth between our house and Kenadie's for hours on end.  It was like the best summer day in December.

Despite what I think,  the boys proved here that I am still able to carry them both at the same time.

And one day I walked by and found the boys watching tv just like this.  Camden using Carter for his comfort and pillow and Carter not protesting at all.  I've said it before, but I will say it again...TWINS ARE THE BEST!

No comments: