Friday, October 13, 2017

Hiking with Friends

 I got to go on two beautiful kidless hikes up Dry Canyon this year.  One before the big New Hampshire trip one after.  First I met my good friend Carly for a hike and we just explored around up Dry Creek Canyon together until I had to get my boys from preschool.  Carly updated me all about the new foster kids she has brought into her home.  It was all so inspiring to hear about.  She is truly an amazing person.  The leaves were just starting to change and it was so neat to visit and catch up with her in that beautiful setting. 


Then a few weeks later, I went with Lindsey Nyman and her husband to hike Big Baldy which is the first littler peak in front of Mt. Timpanogas that I stare at all the time.  Holy Cow some how Michael talked Lindsey and I into going straight up the face (like straight up) because it was shorter.  That was literally the hardest hike I have ever done in my life.  I was trailing behind them huffing and puffing gasping for breath the whole way.  But the views were incredible and the leaves gorgeous.  



We went down the backside on the return to the car. 







So glad to have conquered that little peak!  I would totally love to do that hike again, but not sure I will ever go straight up the face again…I will most definitely opt for the longer yet still challenging backward approach.

No comments: