Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Classic Skate Night

Every year Olivia’s school does a sponsored discounted night at Classic Skating.  Last year, I just didn’t even inform Olivia about it and that worked great.  This year however, she came home from school knowing all about it and knowing that her friends were all going to be there and begged to go.  So, I loaded all the kids up in the car and took the three of them to skate while Derek stayed home to mow the lawn.  I figured they would all be able to skate no problem because they can all ice skate pretty well on their own.  But as soon as we got there and put skates on everyone I quickly realized that ice skating skills do not translate into roller skating skills.  It was like the boys were slipping on a pile of butter every time they took a step.  They could not get up off the floor, so I purchased them each a little PVC pipe assist.  

Liv eventually did catch on, but she also quite appreciated the help of the PVC pipe hand rails whenever her brothers would give her some time with one.

No comments: