One of my favorite places around here to spend time in the summer is the Springville Reservoir. It used to be free. Now it cost $10 to park if you are not a Springville resident. However, I feel like that price it totally worth the fun to be had. Plus, it is way less crowded now. It's a freezing cold little manmade lake with banks of sand to play in. I was really hoping to take the inflatable kayak my Dad bought me for my birthday up there this year, but it was on back order and not coming until September some time. I worried it might get too cold to really enjoy it before it got here, so the last Saturday before school started I packed Derek and the kids in the car and headed to Springville. We packed a lunch and set up our little shade tent. Then, for the first time in a long time, I spent forever building a sand village/castle/fortress with bridges and such for water to run under for the kids.

They convinced me to join them in the water which they loved even though it was FREEZING!

A great last Saturday before school started in my book.
No comments:
Post a Comment