Monday, August 21, 2017

Olivia Gets Her Ears Pierced

Liv has been begging to get her ears pierced for a few years now.  My only requirement was that she was old enough to take care of the cleaning of them herself without complaining, and I feel like she's would have met that requirement for a while now.  Derek dragged his feet on the issue forever.  I think he just  doesn't want her to grow up too fast.  So whenever she asks if she can please get her eared pierced, I just tell her to ask her Dad.  He finally relented and said she could do it for her birthday.  The boys started school the day before Olivia.  So, while they were at their first day of pre-school Olivia and I had some girl time.  We got jamba juice and then hit the mall to let her pick a new dress for the first day of school.  While at the mall we walked past Claire's and she begged me to let her get her ears pieced.  I hadn't planned on doing it that day, but I figured it was close enough to her birthday and we were at the mall and didn't have the crazy boys to keep contained, plus they would be fun to have on the first day of school, so to her surprise I said yes.  From the moment we walked in the store, she could not contain her excitement.  I hadn't properly prepared her or me for this I realized as she sat up on that chair.  They kept asking me to approve the ear holes (how they heck am I supposed to know where they are supposed to go?).  As a side note, I said, "Oh Liv, it kind of hurts a little but not for long."  She didn't even bat an eye.  She sat there so still and didn't cry or flinch or act like it affected her one bit.

 Perhaps preparation is over-rated!  She picked out some little pink flowers as her first pair of earring to stay in for these first 3 weeks.

 Anyways, she is thrilled with her new pierced ears and reminds me 3 times a day that we have to clean her ears.  And she can't wait for her birthday to get the earrings she picked out at the store.

No comments: