Sunday, June 4, 2017

Super Saturday

We had the craziest Saturday yesterday.  It started with Derek and Liv hiking in Rock Canyon.  Pretty much right when they got home we had to head down to their first T-ball game of the season.  All 3 kids are on the same team this year, Derek is coaching, and we are playing with a bunch of our favorite neighborhood kids on the team.  Super adorable to watch and they all had fun playing in the heat of the day.

Then, we took them all the McDonalds for lunch at let them play at the play place.  We actually bought happy meals (which we never do) and they were all so excited about the little beanie baby stuffed toys they got.  Then, we went home.  Derek and I tag teamed mowing the lawn because his shoulder, though doing much better, still tires easily.  I honestly think that was the first time I ever mowed a lawn in my life, and I quite enjoyed it.  Then, we put on a movie for the kids in the dark basement and encouraged them to take a nap, so they would be able to handle the rest of the busy day.  Both boys slept, Liv did not of course.  After that it was off to Scera Pool for first a BBQ in honor of Sierra Strong finishing all her chemo for leukemia!  The kids played at both Scera outdoor parks before the pool was opened for a private event with just Sierra's family and friends.  I took both boys down the twisty slide twice taking turns.  Liv is now finally tall enough to go alone.  One time when I got up to the top with one of the boys I found her next inline to go down their huge straight drop off slide.  I tried to not let her see the panic I felt.  Holy cow...I am too afraid to go down that.  She did it without blinking, but admitted it was pretty scary.  And so she spent the rest of the time jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side on repeat.  The kids all had so much fun they didn't want to leave.  We bribed them out of the pool with ice cream sandwiches and just stayed in swim suits and headed to Kim Jackson's for yet another pool party/BBQ.  Unbelievably, the kids swam again for an hour or so.  Then, they all climbed out declaring that they were hungry.  So, we warmed up some hamburgers for them to eat and then put them all in pajamas.  Then, we started a fire pit for everyone to make s'mores and shortly after that the cedar hills fireworks show started about 10pm.  The Jackson's backyard backs right up to the park where they set them off, so the view was incredible.  
All fun, but by the end of the day everyone was completely wiped out.  And then I think all the kids slept in the latest they ever had in the lives.  Liv woke up at 9am (church started at 9am, but I didn't have the heart to yank her out of bed), so we quickly shoved food in front of her and dressed he while she ate and showed up ten minutes late, but before the sacrament.

No comments: