Monday, May 29, 2017

Park City Get Away

Around every Memorial Day weekend Derek and I celebrate our anniversary.  This year we celebrated 13 years and Derek around for his sister Stephanie to take the kids overnight so that we could spend a night in Park City together.  Then, the next day my friend Ariel and Steve and Diane split the day with the kids, so we could do some fun Park City stuff.  We left Sunday after church, dropped the kids and Steph's and headed toward Salt Lake and around to get to Park City.  We stayed at the Marriot Hotel Park City (to use some points we had accumulated).  The first order of business was a hike.  We found a really need one that wound through some trees at a close by ski resort.
 It was called the Armstrong trail and then you connect to Dawn's trail to do a full loop.  Super beautiful, not too crowded.  Challenging enough, but not too hard.  It was the perfect Sunday evening hike.
Then, there was a spa in the hotel which we could use as guests, so Derek and I headed down there next to soak in the hot tub/steam room/sauna.  We didn't realize all the amenities were in separate boy and girl locker rooms, so this part of our anniversary we spent apart.  It was still super relaxing.  Then, we had dinner at the Waldorf hotel at the restaurant Powder.  The food was beautifully presented and amazing. 
 The next morning, we got up grabbed some pastries at Star Bucks right next to Knead a Massage where I scheduled full body massages for us.  This was Derek's first real massage ever.  He said it was great.  He spent a good portion of the time talking to his massage therapist (I could sort of hear them talking through the wall and kept thinking doesn't he know you aren't supposed to talk just relax?  To each their own I guess.  He thought his therapist was fascinating and thoroughly enjoyed the conversation.  I guess his therapist was from China and is the official massage therapist for a competitive long distance running team that comes to park city every summer to practice at high elevation.)  Then, we went to the outlet stores to do some shopping.  We actually split up here too realizing that neither of us wanted to go to the same stores as the other.  We found some stuff to take home to the kids who were totally upset that we brought them clothes instead of toys (note to self).  Everything was on crazy Memorial Day sales.  Every store, the entire store was like 50% off.  We found some good deals and my wardrobe got some much needed new additions.  Lastly, we had lunch at High West Distillery which was rumored to make one of the best burgers in the state (this was completely for Derek that I decided we should go there).  
(I realize that I took more pictures of food than us on this trip.  Next trip, I will have to  try to be better.)  Then, we wondered the main street Park City shops where everything is way too expensive to buy and then headed home to our kids.  And then in true Memorial Day fashion we through a BBQ at our house that night with Derek's parents and the Mayletts.  A great Memorial Day Weekend and Anniversary rolled into one.

1 comment:

JAC said...

He had a massage at King Spa in Chicago with George. Just sayin.