Sunday, March 5, 2017

CARTER!!!!!

Carter can be the sweetest most helpful kid when you put him to the task.  But, when he gets bored or maybe it's just that anytime he notices no one is watching he runs these naughty experiments.  To his credit, I always get upset and we have a stern talking and I tell him to never do that again.  And, generally he doesn't repeat the same misdeeds he's always coming up with something new.  I thought I would record a few that he's done the past couple months.

Poor London.  I was was folding laundry in my bedroom when Carter comes in and says, "Mom you know what I did? ME: What?  CARTER:  I peed on London (and he starts giggling).  Enter in London...CARTER:  See?  And poor London is all wet and sure enough reeks of pee.  So, she earned herself an immediate bath.

I had a book club meeting at my house one night and filled up the water canister with lemons and water.  I knew I should have cleaned it out at the end of the night, but I left it for the next day.  I come out to the kitchen after getting ready for the morning to find the kitchen fairly well flooded with water all over the floor and my entire Costco flat of tomatoes and the left over bowls of breakfast oatmeal all floating in the canister.  Ugh that oatmeal was particularly hard to clean out of the grated bottom.  I must say that Carter did enlist Camden's help with this one.

I have no idea when this even went down.  Half way through the day Camden says, "Mom you better come see."  I am led to the kitchen and over to our brand new couch with cup holders built into the center to see two eggs had been cracked into them.  Shells in one holder, eggs in the other.  When questioned about it, Carter just states that he wanted some eggs.

And most recently, Carter went into my bedroom grabbed the latest library book I had just finished and dumped an entire glass of water onto it.  It wasn't till a little later that I discovered it.  I was real mad about that one and yelled and told him that I would have to pay lots of money to have to buy that book that he had ruined.  I gave him a little lecture about how we treat books.  Right before bed that night he said, "Mom you still mad at me?"  It was so sweet that I promptly told him I forgave him, but that I never wanted him to do that again (and I'm sure he won't, but I really don't want to know what he will come up with instead for next month).

Not pictured this month are all the furniture he colored with markers, the dark blue nail polish he spilled all over the carpet in his room, my big tub of moisturizer he was found stirring with Liv's toothbrush, or the entire bathroom he took a purple gluestick to.  It's never-ending with that kid.

1 comment:

Ryan and Erin said...

hang in there! you're a good mommy!