Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day

The only pictures I took on Valentine's Day was of food.  Actually, I take more pictures of food these days than my kids in general.  Holidays are so fun with kids.  I kept Derek home from the gym against his wishes that evening just we could spend the day as a family, the people we love all together.  For lunch that day I invited the one lady I visit teach and my partner over for lunch and a play date.  I cut out melons in the shape of hearts and the kids were thrilled to have turkey or ham and cheese sandwiches cut out like heart too.  In fact, it's actually midway through March and the kids are still begging me to cut their sandwiches into hearts.
Then, I skewered the extra fruit and took them to the other two ladies we visit teach.  London just happened to be scheduled for a haircut that day, so she was festive and because she smelled so good got a little extra love from all of us too.

  For dinner, I made brussels sprouts (because Liv had been begging me to make them), teriyaki flank steak, and lemon pepper red potatoes.

We all sipped sparkling cider and lit a candle.

Derek brought home chocolate covered strawberries for us all to share.  This year I got each of us new water bottles for Valentines and Derek got the boys some bubble gum and Liv a little stuffed unicorn.  It was a simple day, but a wonderful day to celebrate the family I love.

No comments: