Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Cubs Win!

It was so fun that the Cubs had a good team this year.  The Cubs had to play the Giants in the playoffs which led to some confused kids.  

I dressed the boys in their Cubs gear for one of the games, then Derek made sure to get up and dress them in Giants stuff for the next game.
 When asked who they wanted to win the Cubs or the Giants the boys would say..."The Cubs and the Giants."  Luckily, the Cubs won and they definitely deserved it.  It was an intense world series. At one point the Cubs were down 3-1 games and I was sure they were gonna choke, but they pulled through and made it to game 7.  The kids and I watched game 6 together while Derek was out on Elder's Quorum visits.  The Cubs dominated this game.  At one point they had the bases loaded and only 1 out.  As Shane Victorino got up to bat, I told the kids about how the best thing that can happen in baseball is a grand slam.  I told them what it meant to have the bases loaded and what a home run was.  And, I told them that if this batter hit a home run in would be a grand slam and that would be really cool.  And what do you, he totally hit a grand slam.  Because I hyped it up so much me and the kids all shouted and danced around the kitchen with glee (and snapped a picture to remember the moment).

 Game 7 was so intense.  Derek and I out the kids to bed and watched that one together.  The Cubs started the game in the lead and I thought they had it in the bag, but then the Indians tied the game and at the end of inning 9 the game was tied 6-6.  Then, it started to rain and they pulled the tarps on the field for a 17 minute rain delay.  I was sure at this moment that the curse of the goat was real and the cubs were going to lose after all, but they came back from the rain delay and dominated in the top of the 10th scoring two runs leaving the score at 8-6. The Indians gave me a panic when they scored 1 run and had another on base and still one more out was needed.  But they got the 3rd out and the Cubs won!  I can't even describe the elation of watching the cubs win a world series after 108 years.  It was so incredible.  I texted my Dad to discuss the amazing series.  He took a while to respond and then wrote back that he had just finished crying (Ha ha that Giants fan is a true lovers of the game and knew what a historic win this was).

No comments: