Monday, October 31, 2016

Mom Visits for Halloween

Last minute my Mom found cheap flights out to Utah and announced she was coming for the primary program and Halloween.  On the way home from the airport, we stopped a grocery store to let the kids pick pumpkins for carving and then Mom and the kids went to a Carl's Jr. Play Place while I took a quick course to update my CPR certification.  Then, that afternoon Derek and Mom took the kids to the Little Gym Halloween party while I worked on my online ACLS course.
Then that night, we were mean and put her to work after getting up early to fly out to our place and an already long day.  Derek and I went to the Gardner's Halloween/World Series Party dressed as a cubs fan and Harry Caray and Mom tried to get all the kids to bed (which she did successfully but they gave her quite a bit of trouble).


Sunday morning I finished my ACLS certificate.  Babi did a great job keeping the kids entertained with various activities she brought so I could do all my studying.

That morning was the primary program.  I loved just getting to sit and watch and enjoy it this year after all the hard work of putting it all together.  The kids did fabulous.  I was so impressed and I think it went really well.  We had my Mom there, and Steve and Diane, and Steph, Jon, Chase and Tanner.  Then, that whole crowd funneled into the primary room to watch Liv give a talk and the boys be spotlighted.  That night we carved the pumpkins.
The kids and I goggled some ideas.  We had my Mom trace a pattern for Derek to carve out while I separated seeds from pulp so we could roast the pumpkin seeds.  We were quite the team and I think the pumpkins turned out great.  Camden chose a minions pumpkin, Carter just wanted a traditional scary jack-o-lanter face, and Liv wanted a flower.

Monday, unbeknownst to be I was supposed to work, so Babi got to take the kids to the bus and school and me to work and watch Liv's Halloween parade, and then pick up the boys and me and drive us all home to meet Liv at the bus.   Babi then took Liv to her music class and got to stay and watch.  Then, we took the kids to Derek's office to trick or treat and stopped by Lily's house so Mom could visit with Lily and Georgia for a little while.  Then, we went back home and made take n bake pizza and pigs in a blanket.  Then, it was time for trick or treating.  I took the kids to Carolyn's first.  They were all excited to see her.  Then, I handed out candy while Mom and Derek took the kids around the neighborhood.


The boys made it around the block and Derek and Liv ventured out a bit further to get a few houses of some of Liv's favorite people in the ward.

Tuesday morning, my Mom and I took the boys to the Bean Museum while Liv was at school.  Then Mom and the boys got Liv from the bus while I took my car in to get the headlight replaced (which is no easy feat you have to take off the whole front of the car which means I always have to have a mechanic do it---so annoying).   Then, we hung out for just a little while until we had to take Babi up to the airport to fly home.

It was so fun to have her for Halloween.  I hope we didn't wear her out too much.

No comments: