I think the best way to truly appreciate the fall colors is to hike in them. So, General Conference weekend was also Tanner's birthday and his parents happened to be out of town. So we invited Tanner and Chase to join us for breakfast and to watch (or not watch with how rowdy our kids were) the morning session of conference. In between sessions, Tanner met up with some friends and Chase hung with us. The leaves were all turning perfectly fall, so Derek and I decided we should drive the Alpine Loop. Shocking Chase had never driven the whole loop. We stopped midway up and did a leisurely hike amid the leaves.


Then, we listened to the beginning portion of the second session of conference in the car quietly because both boys fell asleep!
Derek and I also took the kids hiking up dry canyon another Saturday because the weather was nice and the colors were still pretty. We packed sandwiches for dinner. The kids favorite part of the hike was climbing on these rocks where we stopped to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment