Saturday, April 30, 2016

Thanksgiving Point

I decided to let our Thanksging Point passes expire.  Next year Liv and the boys will all be in school in the mornings and probably extra curricular stuff in the afternoons, so we might find it harder to get up there.  Plus, we've done everything so much over the last two years that I am ready for a change.  The kids still love all of it every time we go.  We tried to hit up everything as much as possible this month before our passes expire.

We met Sadie and Camille at the children's museum one last time.  My kids are finally big enough that I don't have to chase them from place to place.  I just plopped myself on a central bench in each area and they would ran around and check stuff out and then check back in with me.  Carter, my fearless climber, climbed to the top of this climbing structure and Liv followed close behind.

Camden, the one who is a little afraid of heights, opted to sit next to me on the grass and just watch.

The last day our passes were valid we went to the Tulip Festival at the gardens.  I had fully intended to rent a golf cart or wheel chair as walking long distance was rough on my torn ACL, but we went on a Saturday and the paths were so crowded with people that I thought both wheel chair and golf cart would be hard to maneuver so I braved the long walk through the gardens on my torn ACL.  It actually wasn't too bad, and when I got back to the car I was glad for that one last opportunity to walk a pretty good distance before my surgery in a few days.

The kids loved the gardens and they all walked the whole way. I was proud of them.  They are getting so big.  They had a bunch of fun activities for the kids to participate in.  They all wanted me to take a picture of them holding on to these floating umbrellas.

They had lawn chess and checkers and croquet sets out.  It was hilarious watching them attempt to play all of those.
 They also had a couple bounce houses out for the kids to jump on and a little art station where the kids could paint.  Derek took Camden and Liv to the potty and left me sitting on the couch to watch Carter.  Without asking me, Carter starter got himself in line for the bounce slide.  I looked up to find this cute little guy waiting his turn so patiently.

Anyways, our passes have been so fun.  And I might miss them a little bit.  Guess I'll have to try to discover some new adventurous places for us to spend our extra time.

No comments: