Monday, June 29, 2015

Art group

Not sure how it happened, but my Olivia loves all things art.  She currently tells me she wants to be an art teacher when she grows up and now that we have started swim lessons also maybe a swim teacher too.

She expressed interest in doing an art class over the summer.  I looked around but couldn't really find anything for kids her age all the art classes started at age 6.  So, I had the slightly crazy idea to email all the Mom's in the neighborhood with kids Liv's age to see if they wanted to jointly participate in an art group.  We could each take a week to host it throughout the summer.  They all loved the idea, and we have been doing it weekly on Thursday mornings.  This is a picture from the first group. 

That many small little kids all doing art it definitely chaotic.  But look at how cute they all are.  And, the kids love it!  I figure I can handle that kind of chaos at my house just one week this summer.  A couple weeks ago, we made these cute fourth of July shirts.  I don't usually bring the boys because that could quite possibly make me suicidal, but I did this week because I thought it would be so cute for my kids to all sport these matching shirts in Vegas over Uncle Nathan's upcoming wedding weekend.

No comments: