Friday, May 29, 2015

Fun times with Lily et all

I never realized this before, but Lily and I actually share the same anniversary.  This year on our anniversary Lily invited me and the kids to her house for a play date and outdoor lunch picnic.  The kids were all cute on the grass.

We ordered pizza for lunch which was a hit.  The boys found a huge puddle near the sidewalk in Lily's front yard, and I looked over and caught them both stripped to naked and jumping in this puddle in front of Lily's house for all her cul de sac to see.  Awesome.

Then May 8th (a couple weeks later), she invited us to join her at Red Butte Gardens and used her passes to get us all in for free.  The kids loved exploring the gardens.

That place is neat, and I totally want to go again.  They have this cute children's garden

 with a splash pad and a sandbox

and lizards to climb on.

We packed lunches this day too.  I love this picture of Lily and Camden.  He just hopped up and sat next to her on these rocks and I thought they looked so cute together perched on those rocks.

We fed the ducks...a little panicking with all those kids near an open pool or water, but the kids loved it.


And earlier this week (June 23rd), we had them over for dinner to try to repay them for all these fun things.  I just love spending time with Lily and Abe and our kids love spending time together too.  After dinner, Abe took us to his Qualtrics office to show us around.  It is the neatest office building.  All open with fun stuff in every corner: games, ping pong tables, arcade games, breakfast and snack bars and soda machines.  After exploring that and filling the kids with sugary cereal, candy, and soda, we walked over to the garden of the building next door where Qualtrics is soon to be relocating.  This garden was like a miniature Red Butte Gardens and gorgeous!  We accidentally locked ourselves in way past business hours.  I began to fear we would be spending the night there (at least it was a beautiful place to spend the night).  Then, luckily we found a worker who had a key card to let us out.

No comments: