Yes, the big event of the month was that Aunt Kylie drove out to see us. The kids were so excited to have her. They practically mauled her.
Liv slept on the floor of Aunt Kylie's room the whole weekend to miss as little time as possible out of her presence.
We took her to the Children's museum. It was fun, Carter got soaked.
Aunt Kylie made us key lime pie.
We got out spring garden ,and it's thriving: peas, carrots, broccoli, radishes, onions, lettuce, spinach, kale. And a bunch of fresh herbs: dill, parsley, basil, cilantro, sage, oregano, thyme.
Bought the kids new outfits for Easter. We wore them last Sunday (Palm Sunday) since actual Easter is General Conference.
One night we took the kids to Krispy Kreme's for donuts. They loved watching them be made and eating them.
I did too although it was right before my soccer game, and I regretted it the whole game. (Yes playing soccer again. Super fun not sure my skills have much improved). Derek is glad because it introduces me to team sports which our kids will play, and so I must understand well.
Took the kids to McDonalds for a "Big Breakfast" (one feeds all my kids) one morning before dropping Liv off at preschool. Brought back fond memories of Saturday morning McDonalds big breakfasts with my Dad.
Derek scored us some court-side seats to a Jazz game through his secretary at work (front row right under the Jazz basket- like we could touch the hoop that's how close we were).
It was actually super fun. Way too many people saw us on TV, and I ate way to much (I think that's the point). It was a super close game, and sadly the Jazz lost in overtime. I was kind of nervous about going because it was a long night away from our kids on a Monday night, but Steve and Diane totally did a fabulous job feeding them, watching them, and putting them all to bed.
Liv and I went on an afternoon girls date to see Annie at the Hale Center. Left the boys with a sitter. She loves Annie right now (the old school curly red hair version). She's not too much of a fan of the new version. The play was so fun, she loved every minute. I kept having to Shhhhhh her because she was singing all the music along with the cast so loud that I feared people around us couldn't hear the real performers. She was through the moon excited to talk to Annie after, tell her she did a great job, and snap this photo. I think she is gonna be a thespian.
The kids enjoying a blowing vent outside the rec center one day after Liv's dance class. I'm not getting any better at doing her hair.
With all my recent family visitors and our love for herbal tea, I think I have happily also engrained the love into my children. They love to drink the stuff with me in the mornings or evenings.
Carter (and all the kids really) loves baths.
They will play in the bath together for a least a good 30 minutes. And, I often give them one when I am getting ready for the day in my bathroom just to keep them from getting into some other sort of trouble when I can't watch them too well.
And of course, the pictures of some of my food this month. These just make me happy:
Vanilla bean custard
Roast artichokes and acorn squash stuffed with quinoa
St Patty's Dad green eggs and of course corned beef and cabbage
Chicken Satay with cashew dipping sauce
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Coconut-Hoisin glazed ribs
Coconut oil kettle corn
No comments:
Post a Comment