Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dad's Birthday

Derek turned 34.  We had a BBQ with a bunch of his buddies the weekend before his birthday.  Then, on his actually birthday we had some neighborhood friends over for cake and ice cream.  I made a golf cake.  It wasn't planned.  It was just going to be plain chocolate, but last minutes I decided to throw it together because he had so hoped to sneak away from work and go golfing that day but was unable to.  I racked my brain trying to think of something green for grass- mint leaves just growing in the yard!

The boys helped (or hindered depending on how you look at it).

 Most notable gift- he seemed pretty thrilled with the stand up drawer unit I gave him for all his garage tools.  At least he spent the whole Saturday before in the garage rearranging everything as a result of it.  He got to open that one a little early only because I guess my wrap job of just hiding in a corner in the garage with a blanket over the top was not as inconspicuous as I would have hoped.

No comments: