Friday, October 10, 2014

Cute, but Crazy Kids

Here's the typical smorgasbord post that I feel the need to throw together from time to time just to capture all the cute and crazy moments of our life.

Carter helping Dad with the sprinklers:

The boys cuddled up together watching Elmo-they are even starting to branch out a little.  Camden is always asking for a "movie" every time we get in the car after that long drive to Reno.  And whenever he sees a tv he points and says, "show?"

Boys playing footsie- their twin relationship is so cute to watch develop
At the car wash- I will never do that alone with all the kids!
Liv's picture day at school.  This is the pre-picture day shot.

I insisted on dressing her.  I put her in pants, but this girl never wears pants.  All she will ever wear is dresses usually accompanied by some horrid bow that doesn't match at all and Elsa socks.

Carter climbing to the utmost top of his crib posts and then catapulting himself into his brothers bed among other things necessitated the switch from cribs to toddler beds.  They are good about going to bed at night and getting better about it at nap time, but it was rough for a couple weeks.  Here's how Carter slept for his nap one day.

The boys are so cute and seem so big when they kneel down beside their beds for prayers every night.
Babi bought the boys new "Choo choo sheets."  They are both pretty excited about it.
All my kids found it thoroughly entertaining to run around the house holding hands one evening while I was trying to cook dinner.  That is until Carter kept trying to go a different way than Camden wanted to go resulting in Camden biting Carter out of frustration (I was sort of glad because generally Carter is always doing the biting, so I thought it was good for him to know what it feels like).
The boys got these monster slippers from Poppi's and Lynn.  They love them and want to wear them everywhere instead of shoes.  So we totally went to Costco and the grocery store looking like this. 
Slightly more acceptable right now close to Halloween, but I fear for when it is March and we are still going to the store in monster slippers.  They call them their "RRRRs".  Here is Camden dressed as a super monster.

A park day.  It's not so blazing hot anymore, so one Saturday while Derek was mowing the lawn I ran the kids to a park to play and then ran home.  Camden loves to go on runs and whenever we get in the garage he climbs in the jogging stroller and begs for a "Run?!"
The boys went straight from the bath to answer the doorbell ringing and were thrilled when it was Kylee and Cole and their huge great dane, Willy.

One BYU game day I sent Derek a cute picture of the boys, but his only response was that I had dressed them inappropriately for game day and that they should be in their jerseys.  So,we changed into appropriate attire and sent this BYU game day picture back to Dad.
It rained all day one Saturday, so we took the kids to the Dino museum at Thanksgiving Point.
Grandma and Grandpa grew pumpkins for all the grand kids this years.  So, all my kids went over there one night to claim their pumpkins.


They are all still quite enthused about them and the scarecrow on our front porch.  The other morning Liv woke up and asked if she could wake the scarecrow up which consisted of sitting on his lap and talking to him bright and early in the morning?

No comments: