Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Kitchen Wall

I've had the large blank wall in my kitchen forever.  Every once and a while for a holiday or birthday I hang stuff on it, but for the most part it is bare.  Some of the paint had been taken off in patches and I had no touch of paint to fix it, so I finally decided to do something with the wall.

I went for a mudroom-esque feel since I don't have one of those.


Stage one:  Bought this cubbie holder at IKEA for shoes.
Stage 2:  Convinced Derek to paint a blackboard wall for me
 Stage 3:  My dear friend Becky helped me cut and nail framing around the chalkboard wall.  Derek hung me some hooks for backpacks and also it seems toddle boys to hang on.
 Stage 4:  My awesome friend Nancy Pierce charges me only $20 to make a vinyl week calendar, menu, and quote ("Every Child is An Artist" - Pablo Picasso).
 Stage 5:  My amazing Step-Dad George hangs some wire shower curtains complete with clips (also an IKEA find) for Liv to hang all the loads of pictures she creates and is always wanting me to display.
 I LOVE how it turned out.  A few random pics of the kids because we can't post a blog without an up-date of the kids.  This is like 6:45 am one spring morning.  Liv woke up and put on her snow boots (as she has no rain boots), grabbed an umbrella and was enjoying the rain.  6:45 am!!!
 Returning neighbor friends home after a play date.  How many kids can you fit in a wagon?  Probably one or two more--right?

1 comment:

Lex-a-roo said...

That's a pretty neat wall. Great idea to share Liv's artwork. I love reading your posts and seeing your cute family