Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

Easter was kind of fun this year.  The night before Easter, Liv honestly didn't want to go to bed she just wanted to keep talking about the Easter Bunny.  I got all kinds of questions.  Where does the Easter Bunny Liv?  Do I get to see the Easter Bunny?  Is it a boy or a girl?  Man...I wish I knew more about this Easter Bunny.

Baskets were pretty symptoms Liv got princess bubble bath, Cheetos, purple peeps, and a mini children's primary song book which she now brings to church every sunday as her "scriptures."  The boys got:  some sunscreen, some pouch applesauce, some blue peeps, and some board books for church.  Mom- the new blender, Dad- the screen for our french doors off the kitchen.

We opened baskets before church, and the Easter bunny left an Easter Egg Hunt during church.  Liv's Easter egg hunt was maybe too hard.  The boys were not all too interested in hunting for eggs but Liv was happy to step in and help with that.  

At church, I sang with the choir and the primary kids sang a song.  Then, Liv and I and two other mothers and their daughters sang Beautiful Savior with the choir backing us up with ooohs and ahhhs.   We had been practicing this song for weeks and all the girls did so well to learn the words.  I wish I could have been in the audience to watch Liv.  Derek said she sang so loud and knew all the words.  So maybe while dance isn't her thing, singing may be.  Here is the audio that someone took of the event.  It's not fabulous, but the loudest kid you can hear, that's Liv:

Beautiful Savior

After Easter Egg hunts, Tyler Thorsted was kind enough to come over and take some family photos for us.  It started out kind of disastrously because just as we were about to take pictures Liv came upstairs in her full Princess Elsa get-up.  There were all kinds of tears and bribes to try to get her back in her Easter clothes.  We finally did, but she wasn't too happy for any of the pictures, neither was Camden, or Derek for that matter and Carter was just sort of neutral as usual.

Then, after the fact all the kids got the Peeps we were trying to bribe them with and that's when we got the best pictures of them.

Liv changed back into the Princess Elsa ensemble and graced us with "Let It Go."

No comments: