Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cleaning the Bathrooms


I feel like I could write another day in the life of twins post and list all the messes and trouble my twins get into in just one day.  Geez!  So stay tuned for that, but for today I'm just gonna ramble about a couple things I felt the need to document.

Tuesday and Thursday mornings Liv goes to preschool.  That is also my scheduled cleaning time.  The boys take a nap while she is gone and I do as much as I can while they are asleep on Tuesday and then repeat on Thursday and whatever gets done gets done until the next week.

So on Tuesday I cleaned all the bathrooms.  Let's just say with the holidays (meaning no school) and being out of town it had been a while.  Liv came home and went to the bathroom and exclaimed, "Mom!  You did such a good job cleaning the potty!"  It felt so nice to be recognized and appreciated.

However, later that night while I was doing the dishes and Derek was playing with the boys he got a phone call that he had to take and left the room.  All I did was finish the one dish I was working on, and by the time I was done and came to check on the boys they had gotten into that same bathroom, climbed a stool to open the drawer with their toothbrushes and were both in the potty scrubbing and swirling the inside of the potty with their toothbrushes.  I didn't see them then put them in their mouths while I was there, but I would not be at all surprised if that had happened before I got there.  Guess they didn't agree with Liv's assessment that I did a good enough job cleaning the toilet.  And I guess if I'm trying to think positively...at least they did it on a day I had cleaned that toilet.  So, they are now toothbrushless until I can make it to the store to pick some new, clean toothbrushes for them.

Also of note.  Liv keeps telling me she wants to get on a plane and fly to Babi's house again, and I keep explaining that it costs a lot of money which we don't have to fly all of us out to Babi's house.  So this morning she woke up and literally broke her piggy bank (ceramic pink pig all over the floor) to retrieve 2 dimes and 4 pennies.  When I discovered her she said very excitedly, "Mom!  I can share this money with you so we can fly to Babi's house."  Oh how I wish that was enough money to cover the cost of flights.




Here is a picture of this funny girl who spends a majority of the day in some princess dress.  This particular day is was wearing her Rapunzel dress, holding two Rapunzel figurines, and watching Tangled!

A few more pictures from the week:

The other evening I walked in the kitchen to find that the boys had both climbed into this laundry basket together all by themselves and then proceeded to pull every DVD off the shelf.  Cute nonetheless.
 
The boys are really starting to love London
They got this building block table for Christmas.  It mostly gets used as a step stool to climb on to something else...the kitchen table, the piano or to pretend to be Camdenzilla...
How I wrote this post.  Carter asleep.  Camden contained...for now

No comments: