and go inside a giant bubble machine.

My Dad also had the privilege of watching me play soccer and got to see me take a ball to the face resulting in an awesome black eye. This just a few days after I had sent my Christmas letters stating how I happy to report no injuries from soccer. Jinxed myself!

As a bonus, I was lucky enough to just so happen to be speaking in church two days later. At least it gave me a good intro. I was supposed to speak on how to keep a Christ centered home at Christmas. I found it humorous that I got the call to speak just a few minutes after our family home evening lesson on why we celebrate Christmas at the end of which Liv still thought it was all about Santa. I was able to say that indeed our home was Christ centered in that a majority of my day was spent making sure Carter doesn't swallow the baby Jesus from our nativity. That boy has a magnet for anything small enough to choke on and multiple times a day you would look over and see only the white end of baby Jesus barely sticking out of his mouth.
Liv had a cute little school Christmas program. They had lunch for everyone and Santa was there, so all the kids got to sit on his lap. No one cried!

It was in open house format from 11-6pm and Liv kept telling me she was going to sing on the stage. I couldn't figure out how they were going to do that, but what they did was sing every half hour and just had all the kids that were there at the time come up and sing.
It's been freezing and keeps snowing and never seems to melt which I guess makes it feel more like Christmas. Liv always wants me to take her for a sled ride, but I find it hard to do during the day with the boys, and then it's usually dark by the time Derek gets home. One Saturday, there was fresh snow and while D was shoveling Liv and I took the boys for a sled ride. They weren't sure about it. When Liv took the reigns Camden said, "Uh oh!"

This was the best picture I could get of all the kids in their Christmas outfits. (Nobody holds still anymore). Actually, they didn't wear them to church on the Christmas Sunday because I went early to practice with the choir and left Derek to dress the kids. Liv wanted to wear a dress over a skirt and shirt neither of which was the actual Christmas outfit that I had set out. I guess she put up quite the fight and Derek was pleased that he made it to church with her wearing one outfit instead of two, and luckily the next week I was able to get them to dress as planned.
We bravely decided to drive out to my Dad's house in Reno for Christmas. The kids were incredible. I'm not sure what I was so scared of. We were definitely grateful to have Christmas Eve dinner at the McDonalds in Winnemucca that had a play place for the kids. The boys loved getting to stretch their legs and have their first play place experience. And surprise surprise we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves. I guess McDonalds is not the traditional Christmas Eve feast.
It was so nice to spend Christmas at my Dad's with all my siblings. It's been so long since all my siblings have been together in one place. Here is Liv in her Minnie outfit that Poppi gave her knocking on his door Christmas morning so she could go see what Santa brought her (a Merida doll from Brave just like she asked for).The boys got these cute little ride on cars. Liv also got a plastic tea set which you can see Camden is thoroughly enjoying.
We hiked every day we were there. This was the Christmas Day hike. Nay even blasted Christmas songs the whole hike.

The last thing we all did before we took off was do a traditional Rowe Family Run (me, Nay, and Kylie 4.8 miles!!!) Then, we some how miraculously fit all the new Christmas spoils in the car. London had very little room. Just enough to lay down in one little spot, but not shift at all. The kids were fabulous on the way home too. Liv spent most of the drive home reading her new princess books from Poppi. Whenever she would finish a book, she would throw it down on poor London. The poor dog spent the majority of the drive covered in books, but she was a good sport about it. We hit up the Winnemucca McDonalds play place on the way home too since it worked so well on the way there. We also miraculously found a place that wasn't a strip club or casino to sit down and get a quick bite in Wendover, NV.
A Few Funny Liv Moments that I Have to Record Somewhere:1. The other night when Derek was putting Liv to bed he gave her a kiss and said, "You're my little Princess." And she responded, "And, you're my big daddy princess."
2. She was so anxious to go the Poppi's house for Christmas and see Aunt Kylie and Uncle Nathan and Uncle Mitchell and meet Milo (Ky's dog). Every day this month she would ask me if it was the day we were going to Poppi's. I had to show her the advent calendar and tell her we weren't going until every door was opened. The morning that we were supposed to depart the minute she woke up she ran up to my room and yelled (waking me up), "Mommy! It's Christmas time! Time to drive to Papa in the Picture's house!"
3. This girl is obsessed with dress ups and dresses right now. The last 3 nights after we have put her to bed she sneaks out of bed and changes out of her clothes and into a dress and then climbs back in bed. Derek just came in to inform me that he went to check on her because he saw her light was on. She was dead asleep with her light on and was in bed in her poofiest Christmas dress from last year. That girl!





1 comment:
Cute! Liv is so funny. You should start printing your blog into a book. I did my first one and love having it. It will take time to get my whole blog printed but it's so easy and worth it. Just expensive.
Post a Comment