Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Language of Liv


Liv is my little buddy these days.  She keeps me company.  Her hair is getting long, but she will never let me do anything to it, and if I do, (like above) she usually pulls it out within 10 minutes.  That girl does not stop talking!  (Derek says she gets that from me).  She carries around her cell phone everywhere even on our walks and she even pretends to text people while she is walking.

Some of the things she says are pretty funny, so I thought I might give you a lesson in LIVguistics:

"Those fall down":  Liv is set on dressing herself every day now to my dismay.  The days of her outfits looking cute (according to me) are over.  She banishes me from her room every morning and she picks her clothes and I am only allowed entrance when she gets her head stuck in an arm hole or both legs in the same hole of her pants or something like that.  I am constantly trying to get her to wear certain pants that she never wears and her excuse is.  "Those fall down" aka they aren't tight leggings, but loose or longer pants.  The 80s are back yo!

"I sit on your lap":  I always ask Liv if she wants what I am having for lunch but she often chooses something more exciting like chicken nuggets or ramen noodles.  However, usually as soon as I sit down next to her with my plate she asks, "I sit on your lap?" aka I eat your food (and sit on your lap).

"But that's ok":  This girl is going to end up a lawyer like her daddy.  She is constantly doing things that irk me.  Coloring on things she isn"t supposed to, spilling things, breaking things and whenever I come across these misdeeds and she notices that I'm pretty upset she always tries to convince me with "but that's ok."

"On the side":  Every meal Liv usually asks for the condiments and extras "on the side."  No she is not trying to conserve calories if anything she is trying to exponentiate them.  She always wants her salad dressing, or ketchup, or syrup, or powdered sugar on the side.  What she really means is put it on the side so I don't have to dig the food out of it and it's more easily accessible for me to dip my fingers in and eat alone without it's more healthy accompaniments. (She thought she was pretty clever to make rainbows out of these orange slices).

"Last time":  Liv is always recounting to me the things that went on last time which usually actually means yesterday.  I love that she refers to it as last time though.  Latest tradition: every time we go to the grocery store I let her pick a doughnut.  A few last times ago I looked over to see that she chose to eat her doughnut on the grass next to London.  Liv eating her doughnut next to London chewing her bone.  I thought it was so cute.  These two are best buds.

And the best for last...this one gets Derek and I chuckling every time.  THE FAKE SNEEZE.  Anytime we start talking about how Liv needs to do something that she doesn't want to: get ready for bed, clean up the toy room, go to nursery she gives us the fake sneeze (like she is sick or something and can't do it).

An up-date about the boys:

They totally love to watch Liv do anything and she loves to have them watch her do everything.  Like this day when she put on a fashion show for us.

 So things are working out pretty great between them for now.  However, I fear the day they start wanting to play with her toys, not sure Liv will like that too much.  But, for now watching the boys crack up at her and watching her try to soothe them when they are fussing makes me so grateful that we were able to produce Liv some siblings.

 They started sitting up (of course this is still a new trick which means head clunking incidents occur on a regular basis)



 I finally started them on solid food this week.  I hate it!  It's messy, it takes forever, and they always start crying half way through when they realize they are hungry and all I am doing is shoving a spoon in their face instead of feeding them (if only they realized that this is how real people eat).

We are transitioning to longer naps and less of them.  YAY for longer naps.  BOO for transition.   I hate that every time I have a good thing going it seems time to change things up again.  Camden likes to sleep with his arm splayed out.  Carter doesn't seem to mind.  I am sometimes amazed at how these two possible sleep so well right next to each other.  And when one wakes up screaming the other sleeps on unfazed.  Amazing!

Just went to doctor for 6 month well child check.  Yep these boys will be celebrating their half birthday tomorrow.  Time flies.  I kind of hate it.  Don't get me started on it.  At least Camden is always good for a pat on the back, so I guess I'll survive.  (Right after this I am pretty sure he grabbed Carter's sleeve and pulled it up to his mouth to chew on).
 

Here are their stats:

CAMDEN: Weight- 17 lbs 15 oz (61%), Height- 26.5 in (55%), Head- 17.3 in (59%) 
(I have a feeling these guys will be comfortable with pink)

CARTER:  Weight-17 lbs 11 oz (57%), Height- 26 3/4 in (65%), Head- 16.3 in (5%)
 (Liked what he saw in the mirror so he pulled it closer)

I still can't believe with all their chub that they are only in 50-60%. Carter is finally catching up to Camden, watch out next visit he may pass him up.  He's our long boy with a micro head (Liv had a small head too), but at least they don't have flat heads like poor Camden :(

In Derek and Chelsea news:
We attempted dinner in a restaurant with all our kids.  It went like this:  Derek and I ate, Liv drank a strawberry daiquiri instead of eating, and our Latina waitresses took the boys around the restaurant to show everyone how chubby they were.  Guess we picked the right place.

Our garden is planted!!!  Now let's see if I will actually be able to can all the salsa this garden is going to produce.

No comments: